How chameleon poop should look like

Jeko

Hi guys , is this poop normal for chameleon ? Thanks

Attachments

• 20190316_145229.jpg
    20190316_145229.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 143
No actually, it looks dehydrated. Please fill out the "how to ask for help form" stickied at the top of the health clinic section so we can take a look at your husbandry and help adjust anything that might be incorrect.

Hi guys , is this poop normal for chameleon ? Thanks
Yellow/orange pee means dehydration. Like jamest said fill out this and copy and paste it into your reply with your answers:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Yellow/orange pee means dehydration. Like jamest said fill out this and copy and paste it into your reply with your answers:

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I am concerned about dyhidration of my chameleon. Temperature at basking spot is around 90-97 and drops to 70-75 at night. Humidity is around 40% and I have monooson misting programd 30s every one hr. Plus, dripping on the top. Here are some pictures . Btw, He is very active though. I took him out twice and put him under the shower in bathroom for 5 minutes, but he didnt like it. So, i am confused, i dont know what else i can do? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190316_160300.jpg
    20190316_160300.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20190316_160308.jpg
    20190316_160308.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20190316_160317.jpg
    20190316_160317.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20190316_160326.jpg
    20190316_160326.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190316_160332.jpg
    20190316_160332.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 20190316_160358.jpg
    20190316_160358.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 20190316_160405.jpg
    20190316_160405.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190316_160540.jpg
    20190316_160540.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 71
I am concerned about dyhidration of my chameleon. Temperature at basking spot is around 90-97 and drops to 70-75 at night. Humidity is around 40% and I have monooson misting programd 30s every one hr. Plus, dripping on the top. Here are some pictures . Btw, He is very active though. I took him out twice and put him under the shower in bathroom for 5 minutes, but he didnt like it. So, i am confused, i dont know what else i can do? Thanks!
90 is way to high for that little guy

for now let me just start with the fact that you should spray at least 2 mins for 3 times a day. 90-97 is way too high for a juvenile cham, basking should be around 85. it will be a problem because it will dry out the moisture too fast and your cham will not be able to drink.

for now let me just start with the fact that you should spray at least 2 mins for 3 times a day. 90-97 is way too high for a juvenile cham, basking should be around 85. it will be a problem because it will dry out the moisture too fast and your cham will not be able to drink.
Thanks I just switched the position of lamp and now is 86

You should have made sure everything is correct before buying him.. at least it’s only been a couple hours and not days or weeks. Lower down the temp. It needs to be around 80-85. Get a different basking bulb if needed
it's been for weeks that he is basking at 90 degrees. That's because I was told in this forum to get the bulb that makes that much heat.

Back
Top Bottom