How chameleon poop should look like

Yellow/orange pee means dehydration. Like jamest said fill out this and copy and paste it into your reply with your answers:

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
It is a veiled chameleon and I got him almost one month ago from PetSmart. I don't know the exact age. In terms of handling, I don't take him out often, maybe once or twice in 2 weeks. I feed him with crickets, wax worms, and super worms every day. I use repetitive calcium powder with d3 and also, Repashy powder every other day
Cage Info:

I Use this cage https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zoo-Med-...3iQVpruVyIJTWJORfUPk1W-_n_ooEXphoCbHsQAvD_BwE
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Zoo Med 26053 Reptisun T5-Ho Terrarium Hood, 24"

• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Temperature is around 85 during the day since today and it drops at 70-75 at night
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Humidity is around 40-50 % using monooson Auto Mister for 30 seconds every one hour
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have one natural plant inside the cage and I think it is an umbrella plant
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? we live in Brooklyn, NY

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Dehydration

Hi guys , is this poop normal for chameleon ? Thanks
I think we have some progress over here in terms of hydration,what you guys think ? :))

Attachments

• 20190323_124240.jpg
    20190323_124240.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 60
I think we have some progress over here in terms of hydration,what you guys think ? :))
Looks better
With regard to being told what bulb to buy, the issue isn't the bulb, it's positioning it. If you had used a thermostat, that simply couldn't have been a problem to begin with. The stat would have automatically lowered the power to the bulb and stopped any over heating.

Looks better
With regard to being told what bulb to buy, the issue isn't the bulb, it's positioning it. If you had used a thermostat, that simply couldn't have been a problem to begin with. The stat would have automatically lowered the power to the bulb and stopped any over heating.
What kind of thermostat ? Can you give me a link that I can look at it please ? Thanks!

Keep up the misting schedule n dont let that little white urate to fool u..u will need to play fireman all day n put that dehydrated cham with more AQUA.
Good luck n keep bring more good news to us(y).

Back
Top Bottom