how can I get my cham to drink

parishcromer

Hi yall, my 7month old is looking dehydrated. His urates are small reddish brown. He is in an outdoor cage. He get misted with a water hose several times a day. Also He has a dripper all day. I want to see him gulping water.

Take the dripper and drip it through the screen top directly on his nose. Even follow him around with it. It may take several minutes to get him to start drinking. Both my chameleons are finicky drinkers also and that is basically the only way I get them to drink.. Also, how long are you misting for? i would mist for atleast 3 minutes or more.

I use a water hose nozzle on spray and water the entire cage for a few minutes. I think I will use the hand sprayer and follow him around to spray. and Dripper and on nose she good.

Does the hose have a mister setting? If not, maybe he does not like a full shower spray coming in the cage. Sometimes my one cham will drink the mist. Not too often though. I got a real cool mister for $15 from Lowes. It is a super fine mister and attaches right to the hose. It works really good. I use it more to cool down the cages and my chameleons when it is hot as neither one of them are that keen on drinking that way. Yeah, and the hand sprayer is good also.

yea it has a mister on it. I think the dripper on the nose might do the trick

the dripper on the nose always works for me. It is almost full proof! Also, if you feed him a bug have the spray bottle ready and give him a little squirt in the mouth but not too far down his mouth. Also, you can soak the bugs in water. Another trick I have is to get the dripper going on a branch and stick a silkworm or a hornworm right under the drip. It will get all wet and then they eat the wet worm! Wah la!!

Back
Top Bottom