how are the DIY screen aluminum cages?

lights

We are in development phase of a linear light bulb fixture. The only way, we will offer these, is if I can find a way to improve on what is already out there AND make it more affordable. Otherwise, there is no point.

Thank you,
Alec
DiyCages.com

I love this cage!!

THANK YOU DIYCAGES!! It arrived today (ordered it on saturday). It is everything I hoped it would be, I put it together without the directions in about 10-15 minutes. :DVERY SIMPLE. It is a very sturdy well built cage, and for the price, a GREAT deal in comparison to cages similar in design and size. I cannot find anything unsatisfactory whatsoever. I would reccomend this cage to anyone and I plan on buying a few more for myself!
Thanks Again,
Christian Lyness ;)

I really like the latches and handle :) may need to get one of these down the line. Already have 1 unused though so that means I need 2 chameleons.... :D

cages

Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We really appreciate it. Anything at all I can help with down the line, just give us a call.

Have a great week.

Thank you,
Alec
DiyCages.com

Alec, don't take my post as a slam, I was just being skeptical of a company who in the first post was referenced with ebay..With ebay most times your better safe than sorry. Like I previously stated, by Brad backing you with allowing sponsor status, that is better than any ebay feed back possible.

I wish you well, and if your product is of higher quality, word will certainly get around.

I do get your point for the name. But wish you offerd some kit's like I mentioned. Where you assembled everything yourself. Just cit off the cost of your labor on the price :D

Not that I'm trying to be cheap....I build all my cages myself. Working on one now.

Order a cage

Well we just figured will try them out and ordered a 36x18x18 cage.
Will post pic's and reviews when it arrives and gets assembled for you guys.

Though I can't personally attest to the actual quality of the cages (tho from what i've seen it's solidly built as any cage i've seen commercially available), the prices are way below any pet store or cage builder I know of. I'm ordering a 2x2x4 cage for my veiled from DIY.

As pure said they look the same very much so.

i have two of the mesh alluminum enclosures from LLL, i set one up today, the 2'x'2x4' and they take about 20mins to set up.

how long do the DIY take.

I have a 24x24x48 and have a couple of 18x18x36 I like them a lot I also have the light fixture but I wish it was set up for tube lights and not the 3 screw in bulbs.

i did mine 95% DIY! i bought wood, aluminum screen and the nails i already had. with the screen and wood that i bought it came out to be about 50 bucks! and i made it custome made. it is 30x24x38! my cham loves it! ;] if you have the time to make it your own you should! i bought my stuff from lowes and home depot. good luck with your decision (by the way the extra money i had left over i bought plants and accesories for the cham. such as vines and the dripper)

cages

DIY cages took about 15 min or so for me. I really cant see others being much differant as their is really only 1 way to make them.

cages

Thank you for all the comments. We will work to improve the products from the comments we receive from you, as time goes on.

We do not have any hoods that hold linear bulbs. I generally use spirals with my animals and have seen no ill effects. The spiral bulbs are cheaper and take less room. So the first batch of light hoods house from 1 to 3 bulbs. Depending on which size you get.

Assembly takes about 15 min per cage. We are developing a step by step picture instruction guide for the website. Should be up shortly

Thank you for all your time on this thread.

Alec
DiyCages.com

Back
Top Bottom