How are super worms for chams?

veiledfanatic

Ive been just recently starting to give my cham 1 or 2 super worms every couple days & 10 crickets every day. Are super worms a good feeder?

Ive been just recently starting to give my cham 1 or 2 super worms every couple days & 10 crickets every day. Are super worms a good feeder?

I guess you could say... the only bad reason is because the chameleon could get addicted if fed too many and may make a conscious choice to only eat those. :)

It seems to be pretty common with veileds to hunger strike in favor of super worms over crickets so be prepared for that

well oh well I will have to stick to crickets I guess. I feed him moths i catch occasionally. I live no where near any crops so I'm confident pesticides haven't come in contact with them

well oh well I will have to stick to crickets I guess. I feed him moths i catch occasionally. I live no where near any crops so I'm confident pesticides haven't come in contact with them

Oh superworms are still a good feeder! All I'm saying is that too many may get your guy hooked. But moths are not so good. They really should only be used for enrichment, since the wings are hard to digest.

Super worms are ok to use as part of your chameleons diet as long as they are well gut loaded. Chameleons need a large variety of well gut loaded feeders, not just crickets, super worms and an occasional moth. Try some silkworm, butter worms, hornworms, flies and roaches.

Super worms are ok to use as part of your chameleons diet as long as they are well gut loaded. Chameleons need a large variety of well gut loaded feeders, not just crickets, super worms and an occasional moth. Try some silkworm, butter worms, hornworms, flies and roaches.

Jann has a good point. Dubia roaches are a fantastic choice, and can be used as a staple feeder. They will eat anything. If you would like to know anything about them, feel free to ask me. :D

Yes! I've been looking online & I think ill try some out. But I have 2 weeping fig trees in my enclosure I am a little worried about putting giant horned worms in there. I just don't want the worms to eat the live plants

My Chameleon is addicted to super worms. On the bright side he has been gaining weight from it.

Back
Top Bottom