How am I doing?

I just wanted to post this to see if I was doing everything correct with my new Veiled chameleon.

Your Chameleon - Male Veiled Chameleon 4-5 months old
Handling - Once a day (I know its a lot)
Feeding, Supplements- 1/2 inch crickets and mealworms, I supplement with Calcium Without D3 Mon-Sat and Calcium with D3 on Sunday.

Watering - 4-5 times a day hand sprayer
Fecal Description - Looks good to me
History - He is a Veiled...haha
Cage Type - 50 gallon mesh enclosure 2 1/2 feet tall and 2 feet wide
Lighting - ReptiSun 5.0 and a 60 Watt house bulb
Temperature - around 80-90
Humidity - 60%
Plants - Ficus Plant
Placement -In My room, on a desk
Location - South California

I could post photos if you want...:)

Please do post pictures :)

And I wanted to add upon the handling thing, it isn't to much if he wants to go out. If he lets you pick him up with no contest or hissing and gaping, then it is fine to walk around with him and just go outside or something. But if he is really angry and trying to bite you just leave him for the day he might be having a grumpy day as most chameleons do lol :D

You're doing pretty good! I have one more suggestion. They should have calcium with d3 only 2 times a month. One thing you don't want to do is oversupplement. Describe the feces? It tells a lot.
No other insects? It would be great if you found a little something else :)

Please do post pictures :)

And I wanted to add upon the handling thing, it isn't to much if he wants to go out. If he lets you pick him up with no contest or hissing and gaping, then it is fine to walk around with him and just go outside or something. But if he is really angry and trying to bite you just leave him for the day he might be having a grumpy day as most chameleons do lol :D

He usually doesn't get bothered by me picking him up, this is strange but sometimes when I see him he has some light/dark spots, and when I pick him up he turn totally green...sometimes, haha.

You're doing pretty good! I have one more suggestion. They should have calcium with d3 only 2 times a month. One thing you don't want to do is oversupplement. Describe the feces? It tells a lot.
No other insects? It would be great if you found a little something else :)

Okay then I wont give him D3 this Sunday. His feces look black or dark brown, with a little white thing attached to it.For the moment I don't have any other insects, but I was thinking about getting silkworms or wax worms, because he does look a little skinny, even if he eats a lot. But its my first week i think he'll fat up in a while.

Here is an example of my Supplementation Schedule

Plain Calcium at every feeding

2x a month use Calcium with D3 and A Multi Vitamin

That is my supplement schedule for my female Veiled.

His Feces sound good and hydrated so that is good.

Well I do occasionally find him sleeping in the day (which I know is bad) But whenever he isn't sleeping he is very active and eats like crazy, I don't know whats going on?:confused:

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• Chameleon 013.jpg
    Chameleon 013.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Chameleon 003.jpg
    Chameleon 003.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Chameleon 011.jpg
    Chameleon 011.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 156
Back