how am I doing

This is an acceptable amount of branches/foliage, if you were to stop here that would be totally fine and he would live a happy life!

There are a few reasons we advocate for dense foliage. Main reasons being for the Chams comfort(security), visual appeal, humidity, and for the creation of gradients(temp/humidity/UVB). I find a lot of new keepers tend to look over the gradient aspect of it dispite it being the most important one. But generally they create(and you have) the needed conditions by default using foliage. Foliage creates small pockets of differing amounts of heat, humidity, or UVB exposure. These pockets allow your Cham to pick and choose how to regulate their body’s needs for said variables by moving in and out of these pockets as needed.

All that being said your viv looks good but I do have one small suggestion: fill up some of the empty space with branches! In a viv empty space = wasted space. Think of the branches as tiny roads allowing your Cham to access the different parts of his world! Good job!

This is an acceptable amount of branches/foliage, if you were to stop here that would be totally fine and he would live a happy life!

There are a few reasons we advocate for dense foliage. Main reasons being for the Chams comfort(security), visual appeal, humidity, and for the creation of gradients(temp/humidity/UVB). I find a lot of new keepers tend to look over the gradient aspect of it dispite it being the most important one. But generally they create(and you have) the needed conditions by default using foliage. Foliage creates small pockets of differing amounts of heat, humidity, or UVB exposure. These pockets allow your Cham to pick and choose how to regulate their body’s needs for said variables by moving in and out of these pockets as needed.

All that being said your viv looks good but I do have one small suggestion: fill up some of the empty space with branches! In a viv empty space = wasted space. Think of the branches as tiny roads allowing your Cham to access the different parts of his world! Good job!
I will work on that. Every time it rains here I get more branches! Might as well use them since they're out there!!;)

Back
Top Bottom