how am I doing

Basking bulb, 60 watt, Dual t5ho 22" with 5.0 uvb, and 6500k. That will be my set up as of next Monday. It will leave me with an extra t5ho 22" with the old uvb bulb. I am just wondering if I can use that single fixture for extra light, not uvb.
Ok lol how old is the bulb in the 22 inch? Because you can do two things. It is really best for the adult veiled to get a 10.0 uvb. So you can continue to use the 22 in uvb if it is no older then 6 months and is a 5.0 bulb. If it is older then you will replace it with another 5.0 bulb. Or you can just get a daylight bulb for the old fixture for extra light. But you would need to get a 10.0 UVB bulb for the new fixture to replace the 5.0. LOL does that make sense? The new fixture with uvb you will want to run across the middle of the enclosure to disperse the light evenly.

Ok lol how old is the bulb in the 22 inch? Because you can do two things. It is really best for the adult veiled to get a 10.0 uvb. So you can continue to use the 22 in uvb if it is no older then 6 months and is a 5.0 bulb. If it is older then you will replace it with another 5.0 bulb. Or you can just get a daylight bulb for the old fixture for extra light. But you would need to get a 10.0 UVB bulb for the new fixture to replace the 5.0. LOL does that make sense? The new fixture with uvb you will want to run across the middle of the enclosure to disperse the light evenly.
I get you. I will probably do that. I wont try to make it confusing!! Thanks a bunch, Julie

Sorry to steal the spotlight on your post, but I'm confused, I JUST posted asking if I should switch to a 10.0 bulb as I got my panther the XL Reptibreeze and everyone that replied made it seem like a big NO NO. My thought process was the same as I'm reading here...the 5.0 won't penetrate as far down as a 10.0. Maybe because he's a Panther vs Veiled? See my post here. So what's the answer? 5.0 or 10.0?

Last edited:
Sorry to steal the spotlight on your post, but I'm confused, I JUST posted asking if I should switch to a 10.0 bulb as I got my panther the XL Reptibreeze and everyone that replied made it seem like a big NO NO. My thought process was the same as I'm reading here...the 5.0 won't penetrate as far down as a 10.0. Maybe because he's a Panther vs Veiled? See my post here. So what's the answer? 5.0 or 10.0?
It's not a big no no if you have lots of foliage in a large enclosure. With most of the leaves blocking out the UVB light.

Im not remembering if I saw your post. Mind dropping a link or posting a pic of your enclosure quick?
I posted the link in the original hijack of OP's post. Here it is!
cage.jpeg

I remember that post, we told you to stay at 5.0 for two reasons:

1- light-medium density foliage
2- Main reason- you have a panther! This OP has a veild who generally have a higher UVB requirement!

I remember that post, we told you to stay at 5.0 for two reasons:

1- light-medium density foliage
2- Main reason- you have a panther! This OP has a veild who generally have a higher UVB requirement!
Thanks for clearing it up, I figured the species had to do with it too but I was just clarifying. Making sure I'm doing everything I can correctly right now.

Thanks for clearing it up, I figured the species had to do with it too but I was just clarifying. Making sure I'm doing everything I can correctly right now.
Your on the right track! Keep asking questions, it’s the keepers that don’t ask questions who don’t last too long in this hobby...

Totally up to you hun. I am all about multiple perches though and I am in love with what you can do with the exo terra vines. This is how I put in vines and what I mean by multiple perches. I have my highest area but then stagger others so he can choose how close he wants to be or if he wants to get cooler. Also as they get older and have more weight to them they tend to like to be horizontal more then vertical.
Front cage2.jpg

Totally up to you hun. I am all about multiple perches though and I am in love with what you can do with the exo terra vines. This is how I put in vines and what I mean by multiple perches. I have my highest area but then stagger others so he can choose how close he wants to be or if he wants to get cooler. Also as they get older and have more weight to them they tend to like to be horizontal more then vertical. View attachment 225727
That a driftwood X in the front!? You have good taste!

Back
Top Bottom