Hovabator Incubator????

Warrix642

I getting all the supplies ready for my first clutch(panther) and I am gonna put half in an incubator and half in my closet to see which way I like best. Has anyone used the "Hovabator" brand incubators before? Are they reliable enough for panther eggs? The are so cheap I am having my doubts...you get what you pay for. Also I plan on using Hatchrite or Vermiculite, which would be best and why?

Here is a link of the one I am looking at from LLL Reptile - http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/-/specialincubator-hatchrite-and-deli-cups/

Any input on this incubator/advice for my first clutch will be greatly appreciated by me and my Red body Blue bar Ambilobe eggs!!!

Thanks,
Dustin

Has anyone used the "Hovabator" brand incubators before? Are they reliable enough for panther eggs? The are so cheap I am having my doubts...you get what you pay for. Also I plan on using Hatchrite or Vermiculite, which would be best and why?

I use 8 of them, and do pretty good in the hatching dept..

I use both hatchrite and vermiculite. Hatchrite tends to dry out faster over time, but easy to tell if water needs to be added by weighing.

I use 8 of them, and do pretty good in the hatching dept..

I use both hatchrite and vermiculite. Hatchrite tends to dry out faster over time, but easy to tell if water needs to be added by weighing.

Ever had one malfunction? Is there a difference in hatchlings from hatchrite or vermiculite?

Ever had one malfunction? Is there a difference in hatchlings from hatchrite or vermiculite?

Not yet, just have a cleaning lady that likes to unplug my powerstrip every so often when she's looking for a spare socket to plug into.

No noticeable difference in hatchlings.

I have done this test and have had better results just putting the eggs in the closet. I've come th the conclusion that the slight temp change from morning to night helps the eggs hatch faster. My eggs always hatch between 6-8 months and I use vermiculite.

Back
Top Bottom