House fly

Sanababit

Well today while feedingmy chameleon i caught a big fly, so i offered to him, who greatfully ate it, when he caught it with his tounge i saw the fly for lack of a better word explode in his mouth, i left him for a minute or two to see if i could catch another, but when i returned i saw his mouth wide open and he was looking up, after closer examination my chameleon had little white larve moving around its mouth and he was waiting for the larvae to get into its mouth, i dont know where these little buggers came from, maybe the big fly, preagnent?, carrying bugs?, anyone else has experienced this?

Sana

Umm Are those are maggots probably from the mother fly. If those flies are just being caught from outside or your house thats really unsafe unless youre sure where they are from.

House flies lay eggs which hatch into maggots, etc...houseflies sponge up liquefied food.so I don't know where the maggot could have come from unless a parasitic insect laid its eggs in the fly.

Oh wow I woulda puked! :eek: Your poor cham :( hope he gets over the trauma and is unaffected health wise. He should be totally fine though especially if he is in prime health :)

Back
Top Bottom