hours of light?

arsnake

doing some research I found that with regard to all the chameleons of the African continent, there is the possibility of using a predefined standard of sunshine hours for all species ... I verified that the difference of day and night hours in the different periods of the year throughout Africa diversifies for a few tens of minutes at most .. doing the seasonal average I recreated this table that in my opinion would be valid for all chameleons also outside of those European, Asian and dwarves, while for the high species I believe is correct:

January 13 h
February 13 h
Mar. 12 h
Apr. 12 h
May 12 h
June 11.30 h
July 11,30 h
August 11.30
Sept. 12 h
October 12 h
November 12.30 h
December 13 h

for brookesia ,rhampholeon,rieppeleon , we should apply the same table but considering one drop of x minutes ... where the value of x, I ask the experts to determine.

This table is not intended to be superficial, but aims to reflect the real needs of all chameleons. respecting their habitat of origin .
for this I ask confirmation of the validity of the table to the more experienced. ...

Looks accurate and what a lot of keepers already subscribe to. I personally use 14 hours of light in the summer and 11-12 in the winter. I'm not sure if it helps in any way but some fluctuation in daylight hours does seem natural, cant say for sure of any benefit though.

ok thank you ... so i can set my sofwere project with this data for all african s species right?
that is, if I use these cycles compared to full their true nature right? I ask again just because this sofwere must be professional and scientifically correct in all parameters of the habitats of individual species of which will go initially to deal with .. then temperature humidity and other factors will vary from species to species and habitats in compliance with scientific habitat of the species themselves, while the daylight hours will follow this pattern ..

I follow my outside daylight schedule...I am always home early enough to switch the lights on and off. When I go out for extended periods. I just set a timer at 12-14 hours. I have not had any troubles, but I wonder if anyone has seen any benefits to following a lighting schedule that is closer to species locale?

*Bump*?

Any benefits?

I personally have always tried to recreate their natural rhythm of day and night, using the parameters indicated in the table, trying to fit warm and cold periods with the climate of my country, it is logical to think that recreate the climatic changes due to seasonality FOR RESPECT OF sites origin of chameleons ports to the same benefits, respect for seasonality is an important factor to induce the chameleon to become receptive (willing to Docking) has been observed also that keeping the same climate and the same hours of daylight throughout the year create at certain times of stress ... also by neo-Darwinism and all that it holds, we can easily deduce that if we apportassimo intense structural changes to specific climate would result in the death el extinction of the species in extreme cases or the adaptation of individuals strongest in the new habitat that in time will lead modiichè genetic and morphological, which makes the species studied a new species in the span of generations x ... for this if we want to keep to the cycle of nature at its best, we must necessarily come closer to reality climate as much as possible with a margin of error of 10% granted parametric ... remember that the climate itself is changing so in the long run, an evolution will occur in chameleons even without our intervention, old dying species and creating completely different ... but this procedure is to just let nature!
*otherwise from here to 500-1000 years specimens of x generation from farms of today that did not take account of the factors mentioned above speak, making detailed examinations would discover that the farmed species Iniza to reveal differences with respect to the species in our time is found in nature ...
to make you understand better give an example:

let's say my parameters, environmental breeding are different from those in nature, that is, without respecting the seasonal cycle ... let's say I breed furifer Pardalis and reproduces them, thus creating f1 (first generation in captivity), and this generation is brought up to 3100 with the same parameters used by me, until you get to f70 (after 70 generations) because of this f70 natural selections inevitably show previous genetic and morphological changes compared to the starting species thus being a new species or subspecies ... so therefore, alleveremmo chameleons in the long run would not be the ones most commonly found in nature, for this reason, if one day we wanted to try to reinsert chameleons in captivity in kind (habitat or membership in a habitat that shows the same characteristics as the initial specific habitat) for prevent the extinction of a species we could not do it ... because this would suffer a new natural selection than in other years would lead to a diferente x species yet ... so keep to the cycle of nature and the only way to respect the values ​​more perfect as possible ... mode as year to year in the event of weather modification, through research ... the goal of the softwere is ...
then recreating 3 tables (pygmies, other Africans, other continents) we should fix accurately all 208 known species ... more than 13 hours above considered that the softwere add to every x minutes time winter x minutes for the summer twilight ...
then a finite scheme would be like this:
Africans:

* January 13 +30 h min twi
* February 13 +30 h mintwi
* April 12 +20 h min twi
* May 12 h +20 min twi
* June 11.30 h +10 min twi
* July 11,30 h +10 min twi
* August 11.30 +10 mintwi
* week. 12 h +20 min twi
* October 12 h +20 min twi
* November 12.30 h +30 min twi
* December 13 h +30 min twi
twi= TWILIGHT
this is the final table for for african chamaleon s sun light ... That i hope you confirm the valid of table for this scentific softwere

Haha, you're a funny one. Seriously? You believe that by mimicking the daylight schedule you are preserving the species evolution? Are you oblivious to the fact that elevation levels are nowhere near what is available in their natural habitat. Territory, air quality, diet, etc. The list goes on and on. I suppose its fine for an approximation to natural and/or for tinkering around. I wouldn't dare to say that it is somehow a huge benefit to the chameleons and their future generations. Darwinism and the negative effects of a possibly adapted branch of chameleons is a moot argument because we are encompassing only captive chameleons. There are way too many unnatural parameters for you to even begin cataloging lighting cycles as an easily deduced claim of conservation benefit.

Just saying...:)

ahaha are aware that there are many factors to consider ...:)
I did not mean to say that only through the daylight hours would solve the problemma listed by me ... this is just a small part of sofwere! =) Sofwere manages the humidity, pressure, temperature (for differentiating seasons) nebulizzazzione ventilation and re-creates a random pattern of storm fronts by the percentage of days of bad weather in a specific area ... also once there are enough precise data could also check the pureza the air (which is already happening, in part, due to the pressure) in practice without going into detail the softwere allow you to adjust the microhabitat of each species according to the actual climatic agents present in the habitat of origin ... with a margin of error of 10% ... of course remain excluded factors such as diet territory (local fauna and flora) is still to be accurately calculate also the intake of calcium and vitamin d3, temperatures and incubation parameters ... certain precise information but do not exist and we have to make ... for the reasons mentioned by you, climatic factors aside, perfection is not attainable today, but the softwere implements the upgradability more precise and infraspecific As the requested information will be afloat ...then a program for the calculation of the diets, d3, calcium, a program for the management of incubators will be possible as soon as there will be the necessary information ...
but calculating all these factors:

temperature:yes humidity: yes
ventilation: yes the rain: yes
rainy days over 365 days: yes
Pressure: you hours of light: yes
*elevation: yes
of course detail factors

calculation Diet: missing data
**Air purity: missing data
management of incubators: missing data

I think a softwere that allows you to manage all of these factors with an accuracy around 95% to 92% is a huge step forward ...
Now do not ask me how would make you to control all those factors because it is very long to explain =) I just need the tabs breeding preise and secure all chameleons now successfully bred in captivity cards ... which of course must represent the real habitat. ..
so in practice the progettol I finished I just need the information ... and confirmation on your part that certain details are correct ...
so now that I have explained the situation better I ask again ... I recreated the table doing medium approsssimate of all African values ​​with maximum deviation of 20 minutes can be defined professional and fit for purpose? or impostereste everything differently?
later if you have other questions about softwere, on climatic parameters to be entered for the high voices (temperature humidity etc) I will be happy to explain ... but know that I need to get me to confirm the validity of a good deal of other information =) I hope you have patience and believe in my project =)

Back
Top Bottom