Hospital tub set up

Hillary anne

Established Member

Picking up my guy from an extended 3 day/overnight at the vet. Dr. Recommended that I make him a safe space while his feet heal up (liaisons and fungal issues), I am a bit sketched out by all the light in proximity. His thermometer is on the left under uvb and is 88degrees.

Using a 100 watt bulb from his original habitat but I think I need to get him a 50 or 75. Anyone else have to do something similar to this? It’s important he doesn’t climb while he’s on his antibiotics and treatment. Good lord I’ve been a worried mess and am new here, I apologize if I am posting too many forums, through search I am finding nothing.

Let me know your thoughts. Can’t wait for my panther to Be home

View attachment 243286View attachment 243287
Picking up my guy from an extended 3 day/overnight at the vet. Dr. Recommended that I make him a safe space while his feet heal up (liaisons and fungal issues), I am a bit sketched out by all the light in proximity. His thermometer is on the left under uvb and is 88degrees.

Using a 100 watt bulb from his original habitat but I think I need to get him a 50 or 75. Anyone else have to do something similar to this? It’s important he doesn’t climb while he’s on his antibiotics and treatment. Good lord I’ve been a worried mess and am new here, I apologize if I am posting too many forums, through search I am finding nothing.

Let me know your thoughts. Can’t wait for my panther to Be home
Your good, we want you to ask questions!

You probably won’t need the basking lights at all, hospital bins overheat very easily! I suggest you check your temps every 10-20 minutes while getting it tuned before your Cham goes in there.

I know you don't want him climbing or near the basking light. It might be best to raise the basking light up off of the chicken wire incase he uses the holes in the plastic to get up there.
He doesn't have any place to hide in there and that is going to stress him. I would at least put a clump of plastic plants in there and wrap part of the outside with something to give him the illusion of being hidden.

I know you don't want him climbing or near the basking light. It might be best to raise the basking light up off of the chicken wire incase he uses the holes in the plastic to get up there.
He doesn't have any place to hide in there and that is going to stress him. I would at least put a clump of plastic plants in there and wrap part of the outside with something to give him the illusion of being hidden.
That’s the plan tomorrow, I lifted the basking bulb with some cement blocks and watched the temp. I have two thermometers in there and the basking spot is 89, while the cooler spot is 83. He cant climb so I think I’ll shade out half of the outer of this hospital tub, I have a few foliage fake leaf vines I’ll place inside but to the uppers of this container to give him some familiarity of his normal habitat. He is loving the little perch bridge and seems content standing on that (could Be his pain meds making him not care, poor dude).
They had a water bowl for him but he’s never drank/doesn’t drink from those so I had to manually give him water today by making his spray bottle drip slowly on his nose, he immediately perked up and drank for 5 mins.
Put some hornworms (his fav) in a dish and two crickets in another, he was definitely eyeing them but still, no hunt. I imagine it’s the stress from travel and also habitat and the meds he’s on.

That’s the plan tomorrow, I lifted the basking bulb with some cement blocks and watched the temp. I have two thermometers in there and the basking spot is 89, while the cooler spot is 83. He cant climb so I think I’ll shade out half of the outer of this hospital tub, I have a few foliage fake leaf vines I’ll place inside but to the uppers of this container to give him some familiarity of his normal habitat. He is loving the little perch bridge and seems content standing on that (could Be his pain meds making him not care, poor dude).
They had a water bowl for him but he’s never drank/doesn’t drink from those so I had to manually give him water today by making his spray bottle drip slowly on his nose, he immediately perked up and drank for 5 mins.
Put some hornworms (his fav) in a dish and two crickets in another, he was definitely eyeing them but still, no hunt. I imagine it’s the stress from travel and also habitat and the meds he’s on.
I’m going to keep a careful eye on his bulb and appreciate the suggestion of not needing one at all, my vet said to have it. So there’s is that. If it’s seems to not regulate I will probably turn it on for an hour in the morning, and then for an hour in the evening both after his water therapy, as even with lukewarm water in that bath he chills easily afterward and I figured that basking bulb will help him normalize back to his temp.

Could be plastic really heats up if op is going to use a light . If she has a small screen enclosure she could put it on it’s side . That’s works very well for a hospital set up .
I have a 12x12 glass(too small but I take him to the vet in that one), as well as a 18x24 glass enclosure- these were used as his initial cages and eventually graduated to his 24x48 screen when he his adulthood. Now I’m wondering if using one of these glass ones would be better. This slipped my mind completely.

I have a 12x12 glass(too small but I take him to the vet in that one), as well as a 18x24 glass enclosure- these were used as his initial cages and eventually graduated to his 24x48 screen when he his adulthood. Now I’m wondering if using one of these glass ones would be better. This slipped my mind completely.
18 by 24 might work . You would have to watch ventilation . If you did not have trouble prior then I’m sure you would be fine . The plastic would work too . It just heats up quickly . As @JacksJill recommended pulling the basking lamp off the chicken wire is helpful . See what @Brodybreaux25 and @JoXie411 think on the glass .

18 by 24 might work . You would have to watch ventilation . If you did not have trouble prior then I’m sure you would be fine . The plastic would work too . It just heats up quickly . As @JacksJill recommended pulling the basking lamp off the chicken wire is helpful . See what @Brodybreaux25 and @JoXie411 think on the glass .
Using 2 cement blocks and have bulb dome sitting on that at the moment. It’s a 18” height tub.

I want to give a huge shout out to Dr. Greg Moore and vet tech Andrea of Southlake Animal Hospital in Texas, I walked out today (after 2.5 days overnight and day care, administering meds, having his own safe space, recommendations on husbandry with his permanent enclosure, and a months worth of 4 medications for only $100). I am shocked and humbled by their compassion and patience and care with me and Lou. I owe them a huge thank you and hope to pay it forward when I’m More on my feet and contribute to their rehabilitation/wildlife rescue. ❤️ Truly great and genuine people.

I want to give a huge shout out to Dr. Greg Moore and vet tech Andrea of Southlake Animal Hospital in Texas, I walked out today (after 2.5 days overnight and day care, administering meds, having his own safe space, recommendations on husbandry with his permanent enclosure, and a months worth of 4 medications for only $100). I am shocked and humbled by their compassion and patience and care with me and Lou. I owe them a huge thank you and hope to pay it forward when I’m More on my feet and contribute to their rehabilitation/wildlife rescue. ❤ Truly great and genuine people.
That’s wonderful news ❤️. Would you mind when ever you have a sec to add the office to the sites list ??

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/area-by-area-country-vet-list.32880/

Back
Top Bottom