Hornworms!!!

Johnny84

Okays Guys...Ive searched and searched and could not find a thread on this! So...once I order a cup of Hornworms from Mulberry Farms, how do I keep them alive at home! I noticed last time I bought them that their food stinks so I put them in my garage with the rest of my feeders! but now its getting colder! What do you guys do?

They can withstand tempatures from 50f-90f. I put my in the fridge for 2 days and out a day and the fridge is significantly below 50f. These things are hardy. 80-85 is where they grow the fastest and keep in mind that i wait until theyre at least an inch in size before refridgerating.

Well my garage normally stays around 65 to 75 during the winter...so I think they"ll be fine out there! I hope! Thanks!

Hornworms are an amazingly hardy soft worm. Most soft worms, like silkworms, have weak immune systems and are extremely susceptible to high and low temps. Hornworms can handle small amounts of below 50 degrees, but I wouldn't recommend putting the in the fridge for a solid 2 days, maybe 1 day, that may slow down their metabolism enough. Dont be startled when they aren't moving after refrigeration, they'll wake up shortly :)

One day, give Small Pet Feeders a try for a lil variety, and we offer full customer "hand holding" when it comes to the successful keeping of the insects you purchase from us. In the same breath, I'm sure Mulberry Farms would shoot you a few pointers if you asked them as well.

Hope your chams love their new treats!
-Dave
SPF

If you order the "teal" worms, with the yellow food, the odor isn't even noticeable.

just placed my order for the "new teal" worms too..however..i noticed if they stay real dry and cool they dont really stink..but i did want to try these new teal ones see the difference my self (or more like smell the difference, lol):D

The worms have no smell its the chow that your smelling. And since both chow recipes are really similar in the ingredients used. Your not going to see any significant "smell" difference. You guys must have some sensitive noses because I order fairly large orders and they dont stink up my cham room.

The worms have no smell its the chow that your smelling. And since both chow recipes are really similar in the ingredients used. Your not going to see any significant "smell" difference. You guys must have some sensitive noses because I order fairly large orders and they dont stink up my cham room.

thats what im saying..but then again my crickets dont stink either..but i keep everything cleaned daily (chams) and weekly (feeders)

The smell from the dark food is way more pungent. The dark food is normally silkworm chow, which DEFFINATELY has a stronger smell than the tan colored food.

Well I dont have a reptile room or a cham room! All mine are throughout my house! So if it smells I dont want it in the house! It'll have to stay out in the garage with my crickets and dubias!! LOL

And come on Texas Panther Man...we aint whining just giving out our own personal advice!! LOL:cool:

Just messing with yall! lol And I keep most of my feeders outside also. I keep the silks & horns inside just because Im scared of fire ants getting into them. Too exp to lose those guys to the ants.

Ordered through mulberry farms!!!

Damn...I spend alot of money on my reptiles! I just spent $75.00 on SuperWorms, HornWorms and Crickets from MulBerry Farms!! I recommend buying through these guys, they guarantee live delivery if you follow their shipping guide lines! They also replace if by chance they arrive dead!! Great place!! But now the wait...gotta wait til next week!! Have a great weekend everyone!!:cool:

Damn...I spend alot of money on my reptiles! I just spent $75.00 on SuperWorms, HornWorms and Crickets from MulBerry Farms!! I recommend buying through these guys, they guarantee live delivery if you follow their shipping guide lines! They also replace if by chance they arrive dead!! Great place!! But now the wait...gotta wait til next week!! Have a great weekend everyone!!:cool:

That's a standard in the industry. Small Pet Feeders and Coastal Silkworms offer the same guarentee's.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom