Hornworms

gracie88

Hey guys! I just picked up a cup of hornworms for Cosmo as a treat. I was thinking I could feed him one hornworn every other day/3-4 hornworms a week, does this sound good? I just wanted to make sure thats not too much, I know hornworms have a lot of hydration values, could have too many hornworms hurt a cham thats already properly hydration? Sorry if these all seem like silly questions, I am a bit of a worry wart when it comes to Cosmo ??

I wouldn’t recommend feeding that many. Hornworms are an occasional “treat”. They are hydrating but are not a staple food source with much nutrition. I would do once a week.

@Sewellau1 -- If you only feed them once a week, odds are they'll get too big before you can feed them all off.

3-4 seems totally fine to me. Hornworms grow superrrrr fast and get superrrr big so the sooner you can start feeding them off the better. Hornworms can cause overhydration, which will manifest as a more watery poop.

@Sewellau1 -- If you only feed them once a week, odds are they'll get too big before you can feed them all off.

3-4 seems totally fine to me. Hornworms grow superrrrr fast and get superrrr big so the sooner you can start feeding them off the better. Hornworms can cause overhydration, which will manifest as a more watery poop.

Yeah that was exactly my worry too, Cosmo is only almost 4 months old so I know he would have some trouble taking down a big hornworm. Thank you so much for the help, can overhydration hurt a cham in any way?

Hey guys! I just picked up a cup of hornworms for Cosmo as a treat. I was thinking I could feed him one hornworn every other day/3-4 hornworms a week, does this sound good? I just wanted to make sure thats not too much, I know hornworms have a lot of hydration values, could have too many hornworms hurt a cham thats already properly hydration? Sorry if these all seem like silly questions, I am a bit of a worry wart when it comes to Cosmo ??
I get so worried i dont let anyone hold my chams without my supervision

Back
Top Bottom