Hornworm food

bloftis1

Avid Member
So, I do have hornworm chow but when I run out, before I buy another bag of it, could I use mulberry leaves to feed them? Will they live off of them or no? Just to save money in the future:D.

They are still a bug I want to breed in the future. I just have not had success wit wing development after they pupate and emerge so I gave up for now but I did read many, many articles on them!

They are still a bug I want to breed in the future. I just have not had success wit wing development after they pupate and emerge so I gave up for now but I did read many, many articles on them!

Since moving them to the taller tub the one male that has hatched was successful in it's wing development. It was cool seeing it flutter its wings to dry them. Sadly no females hatched after several days of waiting so he became a snack. Still lots of pupae to hatch yet but hopefully opposite sexes hatch close to the same time next round lol.

This hobby is terrible. Now I want to raise hornworms as well. When does it stop! lol

Never :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I'm currently raising my own: two different types of fruit flies, bean beatles, superworms and superworm beatles, discoids and have some where around 40/ 50 hawk moth pupea I'm waiting on to hatch lol. I gave up on breeding my own bsfl after starting with 2000 just for the breeding project and oddly I was also unsuccessful with silkworms getting past their first two weeks of life after hatching :confused:.

Never :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I'm currently raising my own: two different types of fruit flies, bean beatles, superworms and superworm beatles, discoids and have some where around 40/ 50 hawk moth pupea I'm waiting on to hatch lol. I gave up on breeding my own bsfl after starting with 2000 just for the breeding project and oddly I was also unsuccessful with silkworms getting past their first two weeks of life after hatching :confused:.
May I ask where you purchased your bean nettles from please.

I WISH horn worms were easier to mass produce. A lot of my reptiles like them and they get good size but the cost means they will just remain a snack. I wonder if you could breed them outside during good weather in cages?

Back
Top Bottom