Horn worms

just recently purchased beautiful horn worms from mulberry farms about an 1" long and my 5 month old veiled is eating fine but i want some input on how much hes eating is normal , right now hes eating about 4 - 8 1" long horn worms a day .

At 5 months that doesn't seem like too much to me. Is that all he is eating right now? I try to mix it up when feeding hornworms because the chameleon's poop can get real runny and wet :eek:. Those worms are full of moisture so I try to add variety.

At 5 months that doesn't seem like too much to me. Is that all he is eating right now? I try to mix it up when feeding hornworms because the chameleon's poop can get real runny and wet :eek:. Those worms are full of moisture so I try to add variety.
I mainly feed him crickets but i swithed it up to horn worms for variety and just noticed the runny poop good call it makes a mess lol i got butter worms too ill keep a close eye on how much hes eating exactly thanks

I usually give my guy 4 or 5 hornworms and 10 to 15 crickets at the same time. Or ill give a few superworms and hornworms and crickets at the same time. That way his poops are wet but still firm.

I usually go with crickets but thats a good idea giving both feeders at once to give him variety

I've heard big variations but my breeder recommends no more than three (mind you mine eat large ones) a week, so that's what mine get :)

Back
Top Bottom