Hooking up.

Eltortu

Established Member
I'd had my male Ambilobe with one of my females since Monday, but I haven't seen any "action". I have read that they should stay together for at least a week - or more - and the female eventually will change to a dark coloration once gravid and reject the male - same story here! -...what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2478.jpg
    IMG_2478.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 175
We had to put our Ambanja's in a nutrual area. We had them together in his cage for over a week with no luck. Then we put them in a fake decor tree in the living room and bam, they were hooked in less than five minutes.
Of course it wont work unless the female is ready. Mine got together 3 times in 4 days. Then on the 5th day she turned black and would have killed the male if I would let her.

Hope this helps:)

Is she receptive? She doesn't look receptive in those pictures. It's not going to happen if she isn't receptive.

Is she receptive? She doesn't look receptive in those pictures. It's not going to happen if she isn't receptive.

What!? Do I have to give her wine too!??...haha!...just joking of course. She's been changing coloration lately, and has not been aggressive to the male, so I thought she may be receptive...should I leave them together for a couple of days anyways?

If there is no aggression or stress I don't see why not. The first time I paired two panthers the female wasn't receptive but she wasn't aggressive either. I thought she was receptive because she stopped being her beautiful orange color and more of a peachy-pink color but that wasn't the case. Two months or so later she turned a really bright pink color and they finally mated (several times over the course of about 5 days.) She didn't actually become gravid for another week or so though. I have a crazy thread about her because she took 55 days to lay. She's a weirdo.

nice looking couple
Thank you.

your male has AMAZING colors going on there
Thank you too.

If there is no aggression or stress I don't see why not. The first time I paired two panthers the female wasn't receptive but she wasn't aggressive either. I thought she was receptive because she stopped being her beautiful orange color and more of a peachy-pink color but that wasn't the case. Two months or so later she turned a really bright pink color and they finally mated (several times over the course of about 5 days.) She didn't actually become gravid for another week or so though. I have a crazy thread about her because she took 55 days to lay. She's a weirdo.

Thanks, I'll keep them together and lets see what happens...I should keep track of her weight right?

Back
Top Bottom