Hookah smoke

wastedwords

I am about to pick up my first chameleon. He wil be housed in an open air cage in my bedroom. I am a little worried that my regular habit of smoking hookah could effect him.

Has anyone had any experience with this? If you've never smoked a hookah its basically got a light fruity scent that is nowhere near as nasty as a cig. It can linger in a closed room but I figured I'll have the windows open in the summer and perhaps a little fan in the winter.

I occasionally smoke hookah so I know what you're talking about (never at home though, at a hookah lounge). I would not do it in the same room as the cham, ever. They are very sensitive to those kind of things, along with air fresheners, scented oils and candles, etc. I wouldn't risk it, the cham could get a respiratory infection.

Regardless of the smell, it is still tobacco smoke and I would avoid doing it around your chameleons. Think of the size of their lungs compared to the size of your lungs. Now imagine all those toxins filling their air. I don't know about the actual biology of it, but my logic tells me its a bad idea.

what are you smoking in your hookah that you think might affect your chammy that you want to mask its odor with scented oils or incense??

I am about to pick up my first chameleon. He wil be housed in an open air cage in my bedroom. I am a little worried that my regular habit of smoking hookah could effect him.

Has anyone had any experience with this? If you've never smoked a hookah its basically got a light fruity scent that is nowhere near as nasty as a cig. It can linger in a closed room but I figured I'll have the windows open in the summer and perhaps a little fan in the winter.

How about stop toking and wasting that money and save for your future... Just think of every dime bag you have bought and think how much that could be in the bank...

How about stop toking and wasting that money and save for your future... Just think of every dime bag you have bought and think how much that could be in the bank...

If you actually read the post, you should know that it is hookah tobacco. There was no mention of marijuana in this thread. Hookah tobacco does not get you high, nor does it have enough nicotine to be habit-forming. If you want to preach to people, please do it in an anti-hookah forum. We are here to learn what's best for chameleons.

Whos buying dime bags. That comment was hella square. Oh ya and the future is looking mighty green these days.... As long as your not blowing clouds in your lizards cage and theres some air flow, you should be fine.

what are you smoking in your hookah that you think might affect your chammy that you want to mask its odor with scented oils or incense??

No one wants to mask anything. Those were examples of things that can cause respiratory problems for your cham. I learned that when I first got my cham because I like scented oil smells in my room and have not used any spray or aroma in my room since I read it was bad.
In the OP, it states "a light fruity scent that is nowhere near as nasty as a cig".

It's still tobacco smoke. If there is an FDA warning on the tobacco, then there is a good chance it is bad. Just do it in another room and save yourself the trouble. It will also save you from morality sermons here.

If you actually read the post, you should know that it is hookah tobacco. There was no mention of marijuana in this thread. Hookah tobacco does not get you high, nor does it have enough nicotine to be habit-forming. If you want to preach to people, please do it in an anti-hookah forum. We are here to learn what's best for chameleons.

Thank you for that Kaylie. I'm about as serious with my hookah hobby as I am with my pets. You should never put ganja in a hookah...ever. Resin corrodes and destroys stem and hoses. I am about to be a new cham owner and I want to do as much research as possible. If you want to lecture me on smoking tobacco you can suck it.

pretty sure you all knew i was gunna chime in on this one at some point..LOL..so about the hookah near your cham..would you do it with a newborn baby, toddler or child in the room???question answered..i never smoke with my chams near me (they cant make a decision if they want to smoke or not)..so just go to the next room..and as for the 420 in a hookah, yeah goahead and smoke ganj in it ( keep in mind you will never use it again after that, it WILL be ruined)..

If you want to lecture me on smoking tobacco you can suck it.

One of the non informative posts Ill give some rep on:cool:

I wouldnt use anything that smokes or has scent near a cham. I house mine outside in the warmer months and I am even anal about where the grill is set up and or if anyone else is grilling out and the smoke is blowing toward them. Of course I wouldnt ask someone to stop grilling, I just move them. Im not that big of an ass:D

Crikey, Im thinking somebody needs to toke a few! (Angry OP)
How informative does a reply to that question really have to be?
Smoking anything is bad for you, why would it be in any way beneficial to a lizard?
No brainer surely?

Thinking for yourself is STILL, not illegal!! :)

just to toss it out there ( i think some people dont realize this)..but i have a medical card, and can drive to an actuall store and buy mj (wackey tobacky) legally..its not illegal in california if you have a doctors reccomendation and if its purchased from a dispensary..either way i keep any kind of carcinogens away from my beloved chams!!

Zaphod!

Alright all bickering about off topic crap aside I would like to introduce my new cham...Zaphod! He is the man

110327_Zaphod_0037_edit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom