Homemade Cloud Forest

jpowell86

Chameleon Enthusiast
My favorite thing about my greenhouses are the fogging systems. I love walking into the greenhouses late in the evening and at night when the fog is really building. It's like walking through a cloud.

Here are a few shots taken tonight of some of my chameleons. Some are asleep, some were awake watching me move about and some were woken as I clumsily moved the branch they were sleeping on...oops!

IMAG1555 (4).jpg

IMAG1559.jpg

IMAG1565.jpg

IMAG1568.jpg

IMAG1575.jpg

IMAG1586.jpg

IMAG1592.jpg

IMAG1594.jpg

IMAG1612.jpg

IMAG1620.jpg

Fantastic photos Joel, that's as close to wild as they could be- wonderful environment, just been sat here marvelling at the scales on the - embarrassment :unsure:- can't remember the Calumma sp -yellow one with the wonderful curled tail- after the shedding cristatus, so many wonderful shapes and patterns- I'm looking at it through my 'i'd love to paint it' eyes!:LOL:
does the fogger go on and off all night or do you do a late night fog then start again in the morning?
Funny question but do you have to use special water?

thats so amazing that they have their own little personal forest. how do you feed them in that greenhouse without all the bugs escaping?:)

Fantastic photos Joel, that's as close to wild as they could be- wonderful environment, just been sat here marvelling at the scales on the - embarrassment :unsure:- can't remember the Calumma sp -yellow one with the wonderful curled tail- after the shedding cristatus, so many wonderful shapes and patterns- I'm looking at it through my 'i'd love to paint it' eyes!:LOL:
does the fogger go on and off all night or do you do a late night fog then start again in the morning?
Funny question but do you have to use special water?

Thanks, Tabitha. Calumma crypticum! Her eyes are what stood out to me in that photo as well...love it.

The fogger turns on about 30 minutes before sunset and runs until sunrise the next day. I have a filter on my tap that removes chlorine and chloramines and all that good junk...but it is out of an outside tap. So nothing too special.

thats so amazing that they have their own little personal forest. how do you feed them in that greenhouse without all the bugs escaping?:)

My greenhouses are sealed up pretty tight. But I feed all my guys out of containers, so I don't have to worry about that. Although I do have a hatch of houseflies in rotation in the greenhouse...I'm sure some of those escape.

Should charge admission lol

Did you make the fogger or did you buy one and hook it up to your tap? Just curious how it all works

Thanks for the info Joel, I may have to ask your advise again-;):LOL: when I get the new shed running and what sort of fogger I should have. Great pics. Thanks

Again, amazing, Joel! I wish I had the time and space to do this. I've been off the forum for a while but one of the first tings I had to do yesterday when I came on was find what you've posted recently. I just can't get enough!!

Back
Top Bottom