Home made enclosures

tryme

hi there i just wanted to know how many of you have made your own enclosures for your chams because im not looking to spend like £40-80 on just a mesh flexarium because that seems to be a rip off to me! any ways pics would be nice to thanks

Ill tell ya what, go ahead and buy one.
The labor you put into a cage is like 4-5 hours. plus gas driving to the hardware store. so much nicer and easier to buy.

I personally would take the money it costs to buy a new cage (40) and put that towards your custom cage. If you shop at a DIY store you can get a lot more for your money. I think forty pounds is a bit on the low side though and it will prolly run you 50-60. You have to consider misting and lights + timers. All of which you can get cheap at a local DIY. I say shop around at least and save the already made cage for a last resort.

Oh...check out some auctions or car boots for some old wood frames people might be getting rid of. I picked up my cage (an old store display case) at an auction and just fixed that up. Good luck

I built mine cause i was tired of the lack of options out there and i couldn't be happier

Attachments

• 1437183852633.jpg
    1437183852633.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 218
It's really personal choice. If you want more customized look or want specific dimensions or just like building things by hand, build it, but if you want something that you know will work right off the bat and don't wnat to spend the time to build it, go prebuilt.

I would add to that, if you are looking to save money, custom made is likely not the way to go. It's a little embarrassing how much money I dropped into my cage, but it's an over-sized furniture-quality cage like irishfan's. Even at half the size, a premade system would have been far, far cheaper.

Have you looked at http://www.chameleonworldmuji.co.uk? They came highly recommended by one of our UK forum members here. Reported much better quality than the Reptibreeze. I believe they even do custom sizes.

Back
Top Bottom