Hold back period after roach bins potentially sprayed with bleach?

Reasonably after a couple/few generations any effects of the bleach should dissipate. You would just need to gauge the life span.

Yeah I'm also wondering now if the die off was related to my move as well. They're being kept in my garage now which doesn't have as good ventilation or temperature control. They are also bursting at the seams and might be overcrowded. Also I found an intruder in my Surinam bin - a brown banded roach. 🤢 I'm planning on making better bins, transferring them all over, moving them to a different location, and seeing how they do.

@Klyde O'Scope I have a colony of Discoids and Surinams.

@Klyde O'Scope I have a colony of Discoids and Surinams.
Dubias have worked out well for me, so I haven't had much reason to dig into other species. 🤷‍♂️
I'm wondering if the brown banded may have been there all along, but recently grew enough to be noticed. OTOH, it's native to much of the Eastern US. :unsure:

Maybe he went to a party in the bin and never left... :D

Hi all! Since moving the bins out of the garage and adding new soil, moss, bark bits, and isopods, the roaches are doing really well. I resumed feeding them to Yoda (in rotation with other buggos) and he is doing well too. I realized that it was super small chance that any bleach actually got on them, and after a couple months any bleach droplets would all have broken down anyways.

Back
Top Bottom