Hoax or not, you decide.

Just to add, this was my reply to the post made on another forum about this so im not trying to name and shame or point the finger, Im merely sharing this as its something to really think about. Either the guy is a dipshit and trying to frame the store, or this is really ill treatment of an animal and needs to be adressed. Anyway......

"Am I the only person who considers the fact that this would not be difficult to set up? Im not saying this is the case, but I think we need to sit on the fence a bit about this and really consider the possibility that its a hoax. Unless someone comes up with 100% irrefutable evidence of treatment like this by the said petstore, then we can only speculate and make biased judgement as reptile keepers. Think about it people....."

Honestly why would that guy be looking in the trash? for reptile supplies like he says? he is full of s*** honestly. Why didnt he video himself telling the employees about it. anyone can take their reptile and put it in one of the petco boxes and make a vid saying they abuse their animals.

I dont keep or have kept iguanas, but that little guys looks quite alive for being a car ride homes time plus 10 minutes from dying. Are they normally that active just before dying from starvation?

Have you ever seen an iguana that size in petco/petsmart? I normally see babies, not this big! :rolleyes:

Just to add, this was my reply to the post made on another forum about this so im not trying to name and shame or point the finger, Im merely sharing this as its something to really think about. Either the guy is a dipshit and trying to frame the store, or this is really ill treatment of an animal and needs to be adressed. Anyway......

"Am I the only person who considers the fact that this would not be difficult to set up? Im not saying this is the case, but I think we need to sit on the fence a bit about this and really consider the possibility that its a hoax. Unless someone comes up with 100% irrefutable evidence of treatment like this by the said petstore, then we can only speculate and make biased judgement as reptile keepers. Think about it people....."

i agree it looks like it could have been set up easily, maybe he had some sort of beef with that person and was trying to get her fire. Possibly even just taking shots at Petco for some reason. without 100% evidence i cant go around bashing people for their opinions or mine. that iguana looked pretty healthy and squirmy not dieing. and its funny how he didn't take him right away to try and save him. I'm not saying it couldn't have had happened, but it seems unlikely.

I dont keep or have kept iguanas, but that little guys looks quite alive for being a car ride homes time plus 10 minutes from dying. Are they normally that active just before dying from starvation?

I think it stated that one did not die and there was another one he tried to rescue that was too emaciated and that was the one that died.

I just watched the words and the very beginning and about 30 seconds of the video part. I thought he said the box said there were two but he only found one?

I read the title and hit the back button. I can't watch something like that. There is a purpose and meaning to all life forms! There's no reason for such a video to ever exist!!

So he accuses them of animal abuse yet still digs through their trash in broad day light? That strikes me as odd. And it's 107 degrees and the dude is out trash digging? Hmmmm:rolleyes:

I work at a Petco in Tucson, plenty of people dig through Petcos trash for things Petco won't sell but thrifty people find a use for. Like most pet stores associates receive basic training and go from there, depends on the manager of the store on how they function.

While this COULD happen, I've never seen Iggys packaged to us in nets- either way if its true glad he was there to save him. Wish he woulda done that instead of film it, however.

Why is it that you guys are willing to consider the fact that this could be a hoax but the people of the UK just jump the gun and let their mouth engage before their brain, as usual! lol

To me, this is blatently a set up. Theres absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this was in fact the Dumpster at the back of petco. WHhy was there only 1 box in the whole dumpster that had petcos logos on it? Why is the iggy so big? It doesnt look like its going to die. It looks fine to me. Why didnt he move the video up so we could see he was in fact behind petco? Its a scam and IMO this guy should be reported. I know petco have their problems, but this guy clearly has a problem with them and is doing everything he can to discredit them further. Guys, I urge you to show your support to petco, regardless of your thoughts on their practices and comment on his video. Make him prove this was Petcos dumpster and he isnt an idiot trying to fool us all.

yea but if he is so on to petco about being abusive why didnt he show that one that apparently died?

I am not saying I believe the story I was just saying that chameleon in the bag was not the one that died of starvation. And I agree with you completely!!

I am not saying I believe the story I was just saying that chameleon in the bag was not the one that died of starvation. And I agree with you completely!!

So what's the overall vote? Fake or real because I carnt decide and with not being from the US I don't no the shop but I do not of our pets at home with must be similar an there was something on tv the other day that showed some disgusting stuff with how they raise there animals an reps so I surpose it's possible

Last edited:
Petland north olmsted Ohio got caught drowning bunnies in the store. Wouldn't doubt the above is true. Tht store was shutdown for the reason I said above and all other Petland stores in Ohio around did too close , don't know why though.

Back
Top Bottom