What other animals have you/do you keep?

We have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 28 jumbo sized koi, about 15 geckos—who free range in the greenhouse on bug control duty (a day gecko, a breeding pop of green eyed, and a few Goldens). Oh yeah, and there’s me: easily the most challenging animal of the lot, but my wife is a pretty good owner, and her husbandry (just feed him chicken wings and beer) is spot on.

Well most know my story ❤️. Chameleon’s just over 4 years we currently have 5 , lost 2 over the winter France’s my beautiful girl and patience our little girl we hatched . Hatched 5 babies , hatched mother’s day of 2018 . Currently 3 veiled, 2 panthers , 2 beardies , and a Leo , several glow fish , 2 snails , lots and lots of bugs . Breed German shorthair pointer‘s for 10 years , with my ex husband had 4 of our own . Kept frogs for a bit a Bata till B (AKA) Hunter Pet him then tucked him in . His name was Cornelius . Next will be a Jackson and parson’s , have rescued well over 100 beardie’s they were my first love . I will absolutely in my retirement have a chameleon rescue . 1 hubby ( Craig ) and 1 16 year old boy Hunter whom will hold my hurt till the day I die ❤️.

This has probably been brought up a million times, but it never gets old. I like when we can get to know other members through everyone showing/telling us what kind of critters they keep, or have kept in the past? Anything you guys plan on in the future?

I have had A LOT, but am only several years into keeping chameleons on my own. Currently, I just have 2 cats, YL parsons, 2 kids( boys 14 months and 2 months...), 1 wife, and then a lot of inverts including almost 30 cockroaches some being rare and more sensitive species, phasmids, isopods, katydids, grasshoppers, and flower beetles.

Once space, time, and money allows(hopefully within a year) I plan to get a kenyan blood jacksons xanth and a black and white argentinean tegu. Of course the list doesn't stop there, but those are my next.

Would really like to do a high tech, planted, paludarium display with vampire crabs one day. I'd also like to safely master a sump filtered water feature in a cham enclosure!

Animals, especially unique and out of the ordinary animals, have been my passion and focus since about the time I could crawl.

Would love to hear what anyone here has to add.
I have a bird, brine shrimp, pill bugs, snails and all kinds of plants!!

I have one sis 3 brothers mom and dad a dog and chameleon I really want to get a giant leaf tailed gecko and leopard gecko a crested gecko a parsons Cham a panther a Jackson and croc skink and more but money and parents 😂 😂 😂

My journey with reptiles started when my son was about 8, I got him an anole and the set up for his birthday. He thought it was cool the first day, then it became mine because he lost interest! Before the anole I had parakeets, a couple cats, then a chihuahua. 25 years ago I fell in love with Jackson’s chams. My first was a baby named Jack. He didn’t last long, got sick and died despite my best care. I was heart broken and cried for days! I bought another from a reputable breeder and had him about a year and he to succumbed. Again, I cried for days! We just didn’t know enough about supplements and lighting then. I live in Maine and i had a hard time getting what I needed as well. I swore I’d never buy another, felt they belonged in the wild. I went on to have some kitties and I still have one named Willow, she’s almost 13. she was supposed to be my last pet. Was never going to have another once she passed until I went into the pet store to get a cat tree for my mothers cat and locked eyes with a beautiful jacksons Xanthalophus sitting in the dirt at the bottom of a 12x12 glass aquarium with a plastic plant and a dripper that was dry. I couldn’t leave him there! He would die, I could see it in his eyes! I had to try and save him and that’s where I’m at today, trying to give Eustis a good life, the best I can give him!

My journey with reptiles started when my son was about 8, I got him an anole and the set up for his birthday. He thought it was cool the first day, then it became mine because he lost interest! Before the anole I had parakeets, a couple cats, then a chihuahua. 25 years ago I fell in love with Jackson’s chams. My first was a baby named Jack. He didn’t last long, got sick and died despite my best care. I was heart broken and cried for days! I bought another from a reputable breeder and had him about a year and he to succumbed. Again, I cried for days! We just didn’t know enough about supplements and lighting then. I live in Maine and i had a hard time getting what I needed as well. I swore I’d never buy another, felt they belonged in the wild. I went on to have some kitties and I still have one named Willow, she’s almost 13. she was supposed to be my last pet. Was never going to have another once she passed until I went into the pet store to get a cat tree for my mothers cat and locked eyes with a beautiful jacksons Xanthalophus sitting in the dirt at the bottom of a 12x12 glass aquarium with a plastic plant and a dripper that was dry. I couldn’t leave him there! He would die, I could see it in his eyes! I had to try and save him and that’s where I’m at today, trying to give Eustis a good life, the best I can give him!
Beautiful story 👏 ❤️

Hi so I had my first reptile late teens leopard gecko, then a green iguana . 10 years ago two bearded dragons. Then at the end of 2019 decided to get a cham I never would have imagined where the journey would take me lol. I've always had dogs and quite a lot but now only 2 and a yellow belly slider ,plus a part time cat

@kinyonga there's a young female feline who's not mine that comes around she could be here 4 days in a row then I don't see her for 2 but when she's here I provide her with food. Short story she always stayed away from me I put food in a shed for her when I went away she went and ate but last week there was another cat which I let's say discouraged from being here after doing this the cat I feed came over to me and rubbed up into my face as to so thank you which in my book is a very special feeling from any animal to show affection and trust

@kinyonga how part time dogs
My daughter had two dogs and one job she had required a lot of travel. Every time she had to go away, I got the dogs. One year I had them both more than she did.....so what she came back to get "her" dogs, I said "whose dogs? They've been here more this year than at your place so I think that makes them mine!" I did give them back to her though! 😄

Excellent lol its kinda funny I have rescued quite a lot of dogs over the years but in fairness they rescued me

I got one of these....
0814211440.jpg

0813210810.jpg

0813210809.jpg

What is it (lol I know a bird) type obviously my wee bro has a green cheeked conoure don't think that's spelt correct. Very intelligent and affectionate

I will give some hints, many chameleon species are quite familiar with my bird.

Its also the only currently documented animal other than humans to use grind stones.

At the risk of giving it away, this species is being considered the missing link between birds of prey and parrots. Though that is up for debate.

@jamest0o0

You may find my friend interesting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom