Hissing

alj210

So i was hand misting the enclosure that my cham is in and i know that he doesn't like having a spray bottle intrude into his home, and today he hissed at it. I've never heard a cham hiss before, and i just want to know if there would be an alternative to this other than an automatic mister. Thanks :)

There really isn't any alternative to proper chameleon keeping than an automated mister. Hand misting is far and away a burden and chore and very likely not to be adequate for the life of the animal. Can it be done? Sure, but who is truly going to mist their chameleon by hand for 5-30 mins ( I'm a firm believer in fewer, but longer mistings ) over the 5+ years of a Chameleon's life? Save up and get a mister. In the mean time, pressurized hand sprayer will discharge a spray for several minutes and can be set on auto, and there's drippers available, like the little dripper, but the valves on them are abysmal and some chameleons don't find them very well.

So i was hand misting the enclosure that my cham is in and i know that he doesn't like having a spray bottle intrude into his home, and today he hissed at it. I've never heard a cham hiss before, and i just want to know if there would be an alternative to this other than an automatic mister. Thanks :)

Did you try hissing back? Hissing is the Cham universal code for put your finger near my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom