hisses then and now

alil

There comes a time when you realize that the tiny chameleon you bought that would hiss at you on bad days when you were fiddling with its cage is grown. I was putting a new plant in his cage and as I was putting the rods in for extra branches, it hissed at me. If it was 2 months ago I would have went aww how cute it thinks its scaring me. Not this time it hissed at me and I jumped back with a little bit of a scared yell. It is at this moment it is not cute anymore, now its a step above your parents yelling your name when you are 7.

I was bitten by my chameleon so I find this terrifying lol. He's cool though hasn't hissed at me YET.

He was a panther and about 6 inches in total with tail. He was not happy about me moving him from one cage to another, hurt more than a tarantula bite lol.

Dang!! My boy, Veiled, is about 18" total. Man oh man I don't want to find out that pain. LOL AND, I have to clean his cage this weekend and rearrange it. Boy, will he be happy with me.

Just wait till an adult does it.

Adults can draw blood.
;)

Usually its nothing more than a test bite, and they might leave some teeth impressions, maybe scrape the skin..

but if you are ever bit- do NOT twist or pull away. this can cause you and them more harm.

Adults can draw blood.
;)

Usually its nothing more than a test bite, and they might leave some teeth impressions, maybe scrape the skin..

but if you are ever bit- do NOT twist or pull away. this can cause you and them more harm.

Well, that is a hard thing to remember when the pain hits. LOL So he will just clamp down for a second or 5?

Adults can draw blood.
;)

Hey, I sent you an email with some pics the other day. Did you ever get them? I hate to bother my go to cham expert to much.

The closest that my veiled has come to biting me was making biting motions at me with a lot of color all over his body. If hes out of his cage he will grab on to my hand but in his cage he becomes an aggressive little monster.

The closest that my veiled has come to biting me was making biting motions at me with a lot of color all over his body. If hes out of his cage he will grab on to my hand but in his cage he becomes an aggressive little monster.

Kinda like mine. If he is out it's a different story. We will see this weekend when there is a cage clean out. LOL

Back
Top Bottom