His free roam area..

MissMeela

Established Member
I just open his cage door and it touches the elk horns and he likes to climb out on his door and get on them. So I hooked him up with a way back and forth. He loves coming out everyday! I let him out for about 2hrs at a time per day bcuz I don't have any lights out there for him. I just open all the curtains to make sure it's nice and bright for him.

Attachments

• 20150926_133322.jpg
    20150926_133322.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 559
That's great Meela! Looking to do the same with a free range soon. Can you post more pics of maybe the cage and it's relation to the free range.

That's great Meela! Looking to do the same with a free range soon. Can you post more pics of maybe the cage and it's relation to the free range.

Thank you! He really likes it! Though he still tries to find more areas to explore.. Thinking about adding to it in length, but not sure if the hubby would go for it. I was surprised that he didn't mind me using his horns as Zeus's free range area! :). When I open the door to his cage, it touches against one of the lower points. So he climbs out, then I shut the door. If I don't, he'll eventually climb back on his door and either get on top of his cage which I don't want him to burn himself on the lights or he will get down on the couch... And I have 2 dogs..:/ so definitely ,I make sure that door is shut when he is out! Lol

Attachments

• 20151004_134540.jpg
    20151004_134540.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 299
awesome setup! really like the elk horn idea too, thats gotta be great to watch him do his thing. i let mine hang out with me and sometimes he just darts around the room and climbs the electronic cables and passes out on them lol... gotta re arrange my room and build him a jungle gym.... you can branch off that in so many ways and some real cool stuff

Love free range style. I had mine with his door-less cage to the right of the window, vines and branches all across the window to another area of live trees, branches and a fichus tree to the left of the window. Basically, Karma had his own "rainforest room." He loved it as I am sure your Cham does. :)

Back
Top Bottom