His first trip outdoors!

FrankTheTank

Established Member
I wish I would have done this with my veiled. He never even got to see the sun :(

Bazzle seemed to enjoy it. He didn't like my big dogs though lol. But after I got him away from them he seemed to let loose.

How often do you guys let your chams outside? I plan to do it at least once a week. We all know how plans go though :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 140
I live in Florida so it is pretty much 365 days a year if weather permits. I have a couple of outdoor cages and they really enjoy being outside more than in. When the weather is nice they stay outside all day.

I live in Florida so it is pretty much 365 days a year if weather permits. I have a couple of outdoor cages and they really enjoy being outside more than in. When the weather is nice they stay outside all day.

I live in southeast Alabama so we get a lot of warm weather. I can use his old cage as an outdoor setup but should I be concerned about over exposure or anything like that?

I live in southeast Alabama so we get a lot of warm weather. I can use his old cage as an outdoor setup but should I be concerned about over exposure or anything like that?

You can put a potted plant in the outdoor cage and place it in a location that will provide some shade to part of it. One note: be sure to secure the cage so that it cannot be knocked over or blown over. I have seen far too many threads about a blown over cage resulting in the door opening and a lost chameleon. I have two cages built out of tree limbs that are immobile, but I do have an adopted panther who has a 4ft screen cage as his outdoor cage. I actually put it under a tree and use rope to tie the cage to the tree trunk to make sure it cant fall or blow over. I put vines and a potted umbrella plant in it as well. I also bought a misting set up meant for a patio umbrella that hooks to the hose, i ran extra tubing and have it go to each cage. That way if they stay out all day I can mist them every couple hours.

You can put a potted plant in the outdoor cage and place it in a location that will provide some shade to part of it. One note: be sure to secure the cage so that it cannot be knocked over or blown over. I have seen far too many threads about a blown over cage resulting in the door opening and a lost chameleon. I have two cages built out of tree limbs that are immobile, but I do have an adopted panther who has a 4ft screen cage as his outdoor cage. I actually put it under a tree and use rope to tie the cage to the tree trunk to make sure it cant fall or blow over. I put vines and a potted umbrella plant in it as well. I also bought a misting set up meant for a patio umbrella that hooks to the hose, i ran extra tubing and have it go to each cage. That way if they stay out all day I can mist them every couple hours.

I would love to have a permanent outdoor enclosure but since I might be moving to go to law school in the next year or so I don't need to have anything bulky, but I might still use the old cage somehow. It's light enough for me to carry on my own and it is still quite large enough for Bazzle to be comfortable in. It's just not suitable for outdoor conditions if left out permanently. Hopefully whenever we get settled after law school I will be able to do something elaborate

what a cutie, I take mine out as much as possible. I have a 2 ft umbrella plant that she is queen of. she loves it, it was about 81 out here in cali today so we spent a hour outside. I can tell she really like it. And a bug dare not touch that umbrella plant or it gets ate. he goes after flies like crazy. but even if I put a cricket on it, its eaten quickly

congrats on your new little guy. looks a lot like mine :)

We also have a lot of birds of prey around here so I was always close by. We didn't stay outside for more than about 20 minutes or so. I didn't want to freak him out too much on his first go. I hope I will have enough time to do it once a week though. It's good bonding time and he benefits from it as well. Might just set up his old cage so that I can leave him out there for a few hours on sunny warm days.

I'll have my lateralis out full time starting the end of may until September as long as temps are ok at night. My werneri are more temperature sensitive so they'll probably on go out on my days off from work.

Carl

I'll have my lateralis out full time starting the end of may until September as long as temps are ok at night. My werneri are more temperature sensitive so they'll probably on go out on my days off from work.

Carl
My little guy is an ambilobe. I'm not gonna lie, I haven't researched much on keeping panthers outside for long periods (as in overnight). I know it's good for them to catch some rays but I doubt it would ever be full time.

Back
Top Bottom