High shipping at dragon strand :(

Raja

I tried ordering the ledge and a tray to California and saw my shipping prices I almost died serious why is it soooooo high does any one have a coupon hahah

I almost bought a couple cages a few months ago and shipping was like $300 when I went to check out so I decided to build my own lol

Hahaha wow that's crazy, I think there located in CA so I was so surprised when I saw that I'm in the same state

Yeah I'm in Ohio. I just couldn't fathom spending that much on shipping though.. and I'm not saying anything bad about a sponsor. In fact I think they have the nicest cages on the market. But that shipping is not for me.

Yeah I'm in Ohio. I just couldn't fathom spending that much on shipping though.. and I'm not saying anything bad about a sponsor. In fact I think they have the nicest cages on the market. But that shipping is not for me.

I totally agree I love there products but that shipping is hard to swallow

300? Really?

Yeah I thought they were in California too. I'm in NM and my shipping was 50 for my most recent purchase (I think the most expensive option was about 60), which I didn't think was strange at all considering the size/weight of an enclosure, drainage tray and substrate tray.

I will say though, if I had to wait a month because shipping was too much, I would still go with Dragon Strand partially because I appreciate their quality of products, and also because Bill is so beyond helpful.

He's so committed to doing an amazing job and customer service is beyond fantastic. He really offers a lot. I've asked him personally for tips, advice, and guidance on my enclosures and he gave me really kind detailed feedback.
I just think we could use more people like that in the world and I like the idea of supporting his work. :D

300? Really?

Yeah I thought they were in California too. I'm in NM and my shipping was 50 for my most recent purchase (I think the most expensive option was about 60), which I didn't think was strange at all considering the size/weight of an enclosure, drainage tray and substrate tray.

I will say though, if I had to wait a month because shipping was too much, I would still go with Dragon Strand partially because I appreciate their quality of products, and also because Bill is so beyond helpful.

He's so committed to doing an amazing job and customer service is beyond fantastic. He really offers a lot. I've asked him personally for tips, advice, and guidance on my enclosures and he gave me really kind detailed feedback.
I just think we could use more people like that in the world and I like the idea of supporting his work. :D
Bill has always answer my questions he is awesome that way I will still bit my shipping cost and order plus u can see how much he is dedicated in this hobby by his product and how helpful he is

300? Really?

Shipping would of been for 2 breeder cages and 2 drainage trays.. but it was somewhere in the nature of 250-300. I couldn't do it. Once again I love they're products. Unfortunately for them I also like do it yourself projects lol. I figured if I was gonna spend that much I was going to make the cages exactly how I wanted them.

I have heard nothing but great things about them and their products. And if I lived close enough to pick up I probably would of went that route lol

Shipping would of been for 2 breeder cages and 2 drainage trays.. but it was somewhere in the nature of 250-300. I couldn't do it. Once again I love they're products. Unfortunately for them I also like do it yourself projects lol. I figured if I was gonna spend that much I was going to make the cages exactly how I wanted them.

I have heard nothing but great things about them and their products. And if I lived close enough to pick up I probably would of went that route lol

I definitely admire that :) I don't have the confidence or knowledge to pull that off lol.

My girlfriends all about that though, can I ask how long it took?
I'm really curious about a counter/shelf to put my chameleons on (with storage underneath for my mistking resevoir).
My lady has a couple ideas floating around, but she's really ambitious and has a lot of projects so I'm not really holding my breath :rolleyes:

Shipping

This is Bill from Dragon Strand. Someone told me I was a topic of conversation!

And, yes, shipping is definitely the biggest challenge in this business. I pass on exactly what the shipping companies charge me, but it still is painful. And I fully understand that the shipping charges I get drives customers away.

One thing I can do is get creative with bundling boxes and that can drive down the shipping cost. All that takes is contacting me ahead of time and working out a quote. If I am shipping identical items at the same time I can get you a quote. It is not always possible to do this and sometimes multiple large boxes don't work as well to save money, but I am always willing to try!

Bill

I can't wait to get my hands on my set for my Reptibreeze XL, thanks so much, Bill.

And, yes, shipping is definitely the biggest challenge in this business. I pass on exactly what the shipping companies charge me, but it still is painful. And I fully understand that the shipping charges I get drives customers away.

One thing I can do is get creative with bundling boxes and that can drive down the shipping cost. All that takes is contacting me ahead of time and working out a quote. If I am shipping identical items at the same time I can get you a quote. It is not always possible to do this and sometimes multiple large boxes don't work as well to save money, but I am always willing to try!

Bill

I love mine.

All I will add is I live in a very remote part of Montana (30 miles south of Canada) I have 4 dragon strand cages. Yes the shipping was a killer, but I would not give those cages up and neither would my chams.

I told Bill to raise the prices on the cages so he could use part of that money to lower shipping cost. He told me no, he will not lie about the cost of his product or the cost of shipping them. You just have to love those ethics.:)

Bill met me in person once so I didn't have to pay the shipping. Not sure where you live in CA but you could always ask.

Shipping sucks. Always has. It's one reason I've put off getting my second Mist King...

Well the good news is the more you ship the bigger a discount you get with the shipping companies- and Dragonstrands are going to be shipping a lot in the next couple of years. The design for the breeder cages is great and I love my ledges-

Bill

Bill was sending me 2 of the Juvenile Keeper Screen cages, and the website order put shipping at a very high price. I called Bill and asked if he could ship any cheaper, and he said he would see if he could bundle them together, and the webpage ordering doesn't do that process. The shipping price dropped down considerably, and they are awesome cages.

Bill's cages are the best built screen cages in the market, you get what you pay for.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

I have nothing but compliments to give about the quality of both the large keeper cage, and ledges I received. If you don't know how to make a cage from scratch, and don't want to put the work into every detail, but still want an awesome, high quality cage, then it is worth it in my opinion.

I live in Maryland, I ordered the Large Keeper Screen Cage, drainage tray, and 2 sets of ledges. The shipping was 100 dollars... which I thought was high but I considered the size and distance of the shipping. I received everything and put it together and couldn't be happier.

Bill was sending me 2 of the Juvenile Keeper Screen cages, and the website order put shipping at a very high price. I called Bill and asked if he could ship any cheaper, and he said he would see if he could bundle them together, and the webpage ordering doesn't do that process. The shipping price dropped down considerably, and they are awesome cages.

Bill's cages are the best built screen cages in the market, you get what you pay for.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

OK, here's an idea that might make you feel a little better about shipping costs:

Create an order and put the Alaska zip code 99826 in the quotation form and see just how bad it COULD be! Alaska's a great place to live except when we have to order something from the "south 48" weenie shipping services :p:p:p

No offense to Bill intended of course!

I live in Maryland, I ordered the Large Keeper Screen Cage, drainage tray, and 2 sets of ledges. The shipping was 100 dollars... which I thought was high but I considered the size and distance of the shipping. I received everything and put it together and couldn't be happier.

If shipping to Maryland was only a $100, then shipping here in CA is going to be less. Maybe not a whole hell of a lot but if you ask Bill to bundle the cages it will be. Anyway you get what you pay for (If you do your homework) and the Dragon Strand cages are innovative and high quality. I'm happy with the three I have.

Back
Top Bottom