Hide and Seek

I just want to add that Tony is an absolute angel. He’s rarely OK with handling and won’t eat from my hand. When I do get to hold him he’s a sweetheart. He never puffs up like this. We are packing for vacation and it’s clearly annoying him. There is a pink duffel bag nearby. Lol. I hate to put my phone in his enclosure but the hiss is so strange I had to document it. I’m sorry Tony!!

Attachments

• 0E23BB84-9E15-4D46-AAB3-9B4136FD6DB1.jpeg
    0E23BB84-9E15-4D46-AAB3-9B4136FD6DB1.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 18
I just want to add that Tony is an absolute angel. He’s rarely OK with handling and won’t eat from my hand. When I do get to hold him he’s a sweetheart. He never puffs up like this. We are packing for vacation and it’s clearly annoying him. There is a pink duffel bag nearby. Lol. I hate to put my phone in his enclosure but the hiss is so strange I had to document it. I’m sorry Tony!!
Poor bug. Pink suitcases are really scary

Here is his bird squawk/whistle hiss

That sounds like a wheeze to me. It should be a nice soft barely audible hiss. Somehow, somewhere he‘s got some airway constriction that is making that noise. It could be respiratory infection or it could be some sort of chronic thing from I don’t even want to guess.

That sounds like a wheeze to me. It should be a nice soft barely audible hiss. Somehow, somewhere he‘s got some airway constriction that is making that noise. It could be respiratory infection or it could be some sort of chronic thing from I don’t even want to guess.
That’s the only way he’s vocalized since I brought him home in July. No head up, bubbles, stringy saliva, etc to go along with it. He’s very energetic and I swear he makes that sound to get my attention. I work next to him. He crashes down through the leaves and branches to perch on a low branch, looks my way, and lets out a roar.

I wonder if he has a mishapen or narrow airway. Maybe something to do with being piebald?

That’s the only way he’s vocalized since I brought him home in July. No head up, bubbles, stringy saliva, etc to go along with it. He’s very energetic and I swear he makes that sound to get my attention. I work next to him. He crashes down through the leaves and branches to perch on a low branch, looks my way, and lets out a roar.

I wonder if he has a mishapen or narrow airway. Maybe something to do with being piebald?
It could be something he was born with, like you say or perhaps before you got him he suffered some lung damage. I know chams and basically all animals can suffer the same diseases we get, but I’m skeptical that chams can have asthma…you never know though. Definitely something to remain alert & aware of and do everything in your power to prevent respiratory infection or irritation. I’d have a vet visit just to be safe. I’d guess that an MRI or CT would be needed to check for strictures. 💸💸

Back
Top Bottom