Hibiscus?

Yeah, i dont know the exact name but i do know blue flowers are a different kind, yours are fine.

Just out of curiosity, as I thought all hibiscus' were the same, are the leaves on the 'blue' one any different? Is it an hibiscus x 'something'? Or just straight hibiscus? It's good to know these things! :D

I know a few people have said that they don't do so great indoors but flourish outdoors with natural sunlight. I have a grow light in all my enclosures for my umbrella trees (even if its not needed). Would a grow light help?

Grow lights help tremendously. I actually see plant growth now that I have grow light added to my enclosure. Btw this thread was brought back from the dead. lol

Yup...resurrected thread. But I will throw my 2 cents in.
I have some grow bulbs along with my UVB, but it was not enough to keep mine from withering away or loose all but the top leaves because the light is just from above. And with the Electric bill skyrocketing, I am too cheap to add any more bulbs, just to keep $10 plants alive.
My solution was to have 6 hibiscus plants that I use in rotation. I rotate them out every week to get some nice sunshine and it seems to work for me. I have done it this way for over a year and a half and they are still growing nicely. Plus I have some smaller plants from some cuttings I have started a few months back.
Every now and then I get an Aphid attack, but a quick spray with soap, Veggie oil and alcohol and some extra time outside keeps them at bay.

Yup...resurrected thread. But I will throw my 2 cents in.
I have some grow bulbs along with my UVB, but it was not enough to keep mine from withering away or loose all but the top leaves because the light is just from above. And with the Electric bill skyrocketing, I am too cheap to add any more bulbs, just to keep $10 plants alive.
My solution was to have 6 hibiscus plants that I use in rotation. I rotate them out every week to get some nice sunshine and it seems to work for me. I have done it this way for over a year and a half and they are still growing nicely. Plus I have some smaller plants from some cuttings I have started a few months back.
Every now and then I get an Aphid attack, but a quick spray with soap, Veggie oil and alcohol and some extra time outside keeps them at bay.

Didn't even notice this was from almost a year ago...

Well anyways thanks for the reply, but I live in mid valley Oregon so rotating the plants periodically won't help me one bit. We get like 3.5 months of sun. Other than that it's pretty much raining and cloudy.

If you absolutely had to keep one alive indoors. Would you just add multiple grow lights or is there another solution to keeping it alive? Any specific magic bulb, soil, types that are hardier, etc...

Yeah, I don't know much about plants so...

Back
Top Bottom