Hi! New Male Nosy Be Panther Chameleon Dad :)

Mhjanus

Hi All,

It is really nice to meet everyone, officially! I have been a lurker here for a considerable amount of time. But never joined or posted anything as I didn't have a chameleon to call my own. Recently that has all changed and I finally took the plunge and got a baby Nosy Be.

I've been super interested in getting a chameleon for a long time. However, after researching them they appeared to be a little more work than I had time for as I have two small kids, a business, and a day job. My kids are a little older now and I finally have the time to properly care for my new little guy. I'm super stoked.

That being said, although I've done tons of research and listen to The Chameleon Academy podcast along with Neptune the Chameleon on YouTube. I wouldn't mind some critiques of my first attempt at creating an ideal enclosure for this little dude. :)

Ambient temperature is around 72 during the day and 68ish at night. Humidity sits right around 50 during the day and I get the humidity at night around 75% but that is rather difficult and cannot be attained without running my fogger and mister throughout the night.

Products I employ:
Tall Dragon strand hybrid cage, pets pioneer fogger, mist king starter with 2 nozzles, rainpoint automatic drip system, vivosun 6500 sun bulbs, 100w exo Terra basking bulb with flukers dome with a dimmer, arcadia t5 12% uvb. Note: all lighting sits on a rack about 6 inches above the cage top

Please let me know what you think or what I can approve on for my husbandry.

Much appreciated and take care! :)

Attachments

• PXL_20220218_191005444.jpg
    PXL_20220218_191005444.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Welcome! So glad that you got your own exotic dragon! My opinion is that you dont need the fogger at night. Your humidity does not need to be that high at night. You can just mist it before lights go out.

Welcome and congratulations on a exceptional setup. You cannot go wrong with chameleon academy advice. I AM an advocate of nighttime fog and I think you should maintain course with your advice from chameleon academy. Tell me more about the rain point drip system...

I love floating garden style cages well done!

Welcome! So glad that you got your own exotic dragon! My opinion is that you dont need the fogger at night. Your humidity does not need to be that high at night. You can just mist it before lights go out.
Hi thanks for the reply! Yeah I'm really excited, been wanting to do this for a long time. :)

Hey! Welcome! I’m a new owner too and have been going through some enclosure changes and I have to say I LOVE the floating enclosure look you’ve got going on…I might just have to figure out a way to do this myself. Your enclosure overall looks perfect :)

Welcome and congratulations on a exceptional setup. You cannot go wrong with chameleon academy advice. I AM an advocate of nighttime fog and I think you should maintain course with your advice from chameleon academy. Tell me more about the rain point drip system...

I love floating garden style cages well done!
Hi DonKeesh,

Thanks for the kind words. I, too, love the floating garden style. They always look great when done properly. I had a lot of fun putting it together.

Yeah, I understand there are a lot of opinions on proper husbandry, so I think I will stick with the Bill Strand style fo my little panther. People in the community that I've come to know by watching their videos, podcasts, etc subscribe to this method.

As for my rain Dripper system it is just a garden pump I found on Amazon. You control it via WiFi through an app on your phone. I cut the 1/4 inch tubing and put a little valve in there to control the speed of the drip. It's completely programmable to come on whenever you want for however you want. I'm mostly just using it to test my chameleon's hydration.

Here is a link to it on Amazon if you're interested:
https://www.amazon.com/RAINPOINT-Automatic-Watering-Irrigation-Self-Watering/dp/B09GYDBC7Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1CPCNH22BLYJS&keywords=rainpoint+wifi+automatic+watering+system&qid=1645329422&sprefix=rainpoint,aps,117&sr=8-3

Enjoy!

Hey! Welcome! I’m a new owner too and have been going through some enclosure changes and I have to say I LOVE the floating enclosure look you’ve got going on…I might just have to figure out a way to do this myself. Your enclosure overall looks perfect :)
Thanks! Feel free to reach out to me if you need any help with products and advice. I spent a lot of time on wattage and dome size to get the perfect basking temps, etc.

I noticed you have a 12% Arcadia and that your lighting is elevated. Wondering if you have a solarimeter to check uvi?

I noticed you have a 12% Arcadia and that your lighting is elevated. Wondering if you have a solarimeter to check uvi?
Hi Cris,

I do, it's a solarmeter 6.5r. I have the UVI set to 3 right at the basking spot where the top of my Cham's back is.

Good point and thanks for checking. :)

Back
Top Bottom