Hi I need help please

In your case @Nico Noel though, you should just get the xl reptibreeze it will be fine as long as you have a dish for crickets that they can’t escape out of. Just get the xl it will save money that can be put towards uvb and plants and branches

Here is a list of bugs you can buy your cham,foods to feed the bugs and safe plants to put in the enclosure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200812-131751_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200812-131751_Gallery.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20200808-112024_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-112024_Gallery.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20200625-140150_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20200625-140150_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 95
Ok so you will need the correct uvb to start off. A T5 HO 5.0 linear uvb bulb or a T8 10.0 uvb bulb should be purchased ASAP.

in addition to the multivitamin you will need calcium WITHOUT d3. And calcium WITH d3.
Cage should be bare at the bottom.

hand misting is fine. As long as you mist enough for droplets to get on the leaves a couple times a day he will be good for water. You will prob need to mopup water that collects at the bottom though, as glass tanks don’t really have a great drainage system.
Hi :) thank you SO much by the way.....

ok so I meant T5; that's the one thing the salesman got right; do I Need a heat lamp in addition to this? And where would I put it? I called Petco and they're going to let me exchange the cage for a bigger/mesh cage so that's great news. Moss and bedding are out of the bottom of the cage now with just bare glass floor and some new fake plants I added (along with a really long vine that winds all the way up the cage now) and brought home 24 baby crickets and MAN did he eat like6/7 of them QUICKLY....he really was hungry :(

It's hard to keep a lot of live crickets b/c they die quickly, obviously, and I'm not getting another cage just for them. However, Chameleo won't eat ANYTHING that's dead so that's a bit of a conundrum...

I'll look at the information posted below for more tips but this helps SO SO much. I cannot thank you enough!!!!

**ALSO, how close can he be to the top light? I don't want to add any branches too close for fear he'll get burned or burn his retina...

ok so I meant T5; that's the one thing the salesman got right; do I Need a heat lamp in addition to this? And where would I put it? I called Petco and they're going to let me exchange the cage for a bigger/mesh cage so that's great news. Moss and bedding are out of the bottom of the cage now with just bare glass floor and some new fake plants I added (along with a really long vine that winds all the way up the cage now) and brought home 24 baby crickets and MAN did he eat like6/7 of them QUICKLY....he really was hungry :(

It's hard to keep a lot of live crickets b/c they die quickly, obviously, and I'm not getting another cage just for them. However, Chameleo won't eat ANYTHING that's dead so that's a bit of a conundrum...

I'll look at the information posted below for more tips but this helps SO SO much. I cannot thank you enough!!!!

**ALSO, how close can he be to the top light? I don't want to add any branches too close for fear he'll get burned or burn his retina...

As for the crickets, I am getting the vibe that you are keeping them in the bag they come in from petco. You need to feed the crickets so that they are nutritious to the cham. You will need to get them an enclosure, but it is not expensive. a $10 large bin form walmart along with some egg crates for the crickets to hide in are perfect.
If you are buying crickets from petco all the time, I would suggest you buy bulk crickets. You could get 500 1/2 inch banded crickets for $10 if you order online at joshsfrogs.com instead of at the pet store.
Or even better, buy some roaches. They are hard to kill a will reproduce for you, reducing your feeder costs dramatically.

Last edited:

Sure!! ?

also, did the sales guy say you needed a linear bulb? If you don’t have a linear (the long skinny bulb) you will need the one that Anisa.corp attached an image of earlier in the thread.?

About the basking light... not sure. Depends on the temps in the cage already.

when you can fill out the form that would be cool because then you can get all the feedback in one place ?

As for the crickets, I am getting the vibe that you are keeping them in the bag they come in from petco. You need to feed the crickets so that they are nutritious to the cham. You will need to get them an enclosure, but it is not expensive. a $10 large bin form walmart along with some egg crates for the crickets to hide in are perfect.
If you are buying crickets from petco all the time, I would suggest you buy bulk crickets. You could get 500 1/2 inch banded crickets for $10 if you order online at joshsfrogs.com instead of at the pet store.
Or even better, buy some roaches. They are hard to kill a will reproduce for you, reducing your feeder costs dramatically.
Wow, incredible advice; thank you! :)

how many watts should heating bulb be?? I'm reading UP TO 75 but he's so little I'm not entirely sure he needs that much...

Ok then glass is probably ok. Some places, (like in Seattle where I am) it’s already higher than ideal humidity, and since glass keeps it more humid... I would not go with glass where I am
Exo Terra holds things almost perfect after you get everything set right. About the humidity, with a Exo you just mist way less often and things things stay 30 to 50% during the day and almost 90 % at night

These are great questions, @Nico Noel. Glad to have you on the forums!

Another feeder option is BSFL (black soldier fly larvae). Much better as a daily staple than crickets, and they don't die quite as easily. Plus if you let them sit for a few weeks, they'll pupate into flies as a fun treat for your cham. Of course, you'll want to feed him many different bugs regularly. You can still feed him gutloaded crickets, silkworms, roaches, etc.

I've ordered BSFL (QTY 250) from these sites with no issues:
CritterDepot
JoshsFrogs

I'd start ordering your bugs online. Cheaper and you get better, healthier stock that don't die right away.

P.S. Petco has a great exchange policy but their crickets suck

Back
Top Bottom