Hey Should I buy from BackWater Reptiles???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with one of the trusted site sponsers. I haven't heard many good things about backwaterreptiles.com.

Look at the classified add section from the forums page. I've had good, and bad experiences from Backwater reptile, so it's kind of like playing rushing roulette. So are you filling lucky if not I would order from someone else. That's just ben my experience others may of had a different experience.

Definitely take a look at the sponsor's pages and hit up the classified section here. In the end, let your conscience be your guide. Trust your gut and ask the breeder everything you want to know about the little guy/ gal that you want to purchase. Like buying any animal, do your research and be an informed buyer. Whenever I buy something, a little voice (the father, Mike Brady, from the Brady Bunch) comes to mind. In one of the later episodes, Greg (oldest son) bought a broken down car and consequently, it died when he got it back to the house. Mike's advice was "Caveat emptor." or..........
Caveat emptor, quia ignorare non debuit quod jus alienum emit ("Let a purchaser beware, for he ought not to be ignorant of the nature of the property which he is buying from another party.") In short, do your homework, talk/meet with the breeders (if you can meet) and then do a gut check. You'll know if it's right.

I agree, the members on this site love chameleons! When they breed their babies they do it with love! I know how much love and TLC each and every one of my baby chameleons get! My babies are not afraid to be handled, that's all they know! From the day they came out from the safe protection of the eggs my hands took over that job! I love, protect and raise them! Each and every one of them is precious to me! You just can not convince me that the baby chameleons sold by any of the big companies have experienced this much love and dedication! My baby panthers know what love is, and they are loving it and thriving on it! I have felt this same love and dedication poured into the communication I read from the small breeders here on this forum! As for my experience, the babies I get from small (mom and pop) breeders are sweet and easy to deal with and transition more easily to new homes! My advice: buy from people who raise baby chameleons because of love!

As a thought, I would recommend checking out any seller/breeder on the Fauna Classifieds Board of Inquiry. That is a site that allows people to review their transactions with people. There is a fair (ton) amount of drama there, but if someone has consistent issues with their animals, it may appear there. I second the recommendation to buy from a site sponsor here. Good luck!

Between those choices I would go with chameleons only aka kammerflage creations without hesitation. The Kammers have bred panthers since before I was born and have some of the best lines in captivity in my opinion. The sire "Real g" of the baby you linked too is an absolute stunner. They are a site sponsor as well, first one on the list I believe.

Between those choices I would go with chameleons only aka kammerflage creations without hesitation. The Kammers have bred panthers since before I was born and have some of the best lines in captivity in my opinion. The sire "Real g" of the baby you linked too is an absolute stunner. They are a site sponsor as well, first one on the list I believe.

Okay I'll go with them

You definitely can't go wrong with Kammerflage. The panther I got from them is now 6 years old. I also recently got my latest acquisition from Backwater and had no problems with them whatsoever. I would make the choice based on which locale you want to get, and Kammerflage makes it easy to choose the exact sire you want a baby from.

You definitely can't go wrong with Kammerflage. The panther I got from them is now 6 years old. I also recently got my latest acquisition from Backwater and had no problems with them whatsoever. I would make the choice based on which locale you want to get, and Kammerflage makes it easy to choose the exact sire you want a baby from.
DO NOT BUY FROM BACKWATER!!!!
Someone bought from them and the tortoise was stone dead, and they wouldn't give a refund.

As Lathis said, the first step should be to do some homework on https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...TCfLwDcwv9-QXEVZWIEQNw&bvm=bv.109910813,d.dmo. The Chameleon Forums are not set up to review businesses, so a site like the BOI can be a great resource. You will find a lot of support for site sponsors here, and I will generally recommend starting there due to the fact that you will likely get the service and quality that is expected, but definitely do your research.

I agree, the members on this site love chameleons! When they breed their babies they do it with love! I know how much love and TLC each and every one of my baby chameleons get! My babies are not afraid to be handled, that's all they know! From the day they came out from the safe protection of the eggs my hands took over that job! I love, protect and raise them! Each and every one of them is precious to me! You just can not convince me that the baby chameleons sold by any of the big companies have experienced this much love and dedication! My baby panthers know what love is, and they are loving it and thriving on it! I have felt this same love and dedication poured into the communication I read from the small breeders here on this forum! As for my experience, the babies I get from small (mom and pop) breeders are sweet and easy to deal with and transition more easily to new homes! My advice: buy from people who raise baby chameleons because of love!

Okay, but do you know any breeders that sell panthers here?

You will find a lot of support for site sponsors here, and I will generally recommend starting there due to the fact that you will likely get the service and quality that is expected, but definitely do your research.
Where is the sponsor list since the upgrade? I can find the sponsor forum, but that only has the ones who have posted. I know there was a nice listing before the upgrade, been trying to locate it since.

A list of sponsors (with links) is located on our home page: https://www.chameleonforums.com/

There is also a sponsor news box in the sidebar on most pages and here is a direct link to the sponsor forum. It is also located in the navigation bar (Market) on every page. https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/sponsor-news.85/

Chameleon Forums is not currently setup to deal with the reviews and inquiries of companies or individuals. It's a complicated decision, but ultimately it was made to avoid the difficulty involved with properly moderating such threads and the negativity that often breeds from them. These discussions frequently escalate into bickering, finger pointing and name calling, and unfortunately good reputations and friendships are frequently damaged by an inadvertent comment derived from rumour or innuendo. As witnessed on other websites in the past, this negativity can easily bleed into the general forums and have devastating effects on a friendly and open community.

Chameleon Forums is here to educate and offer support for the community, but when it comes to reviews or disputes within the hobby we currently recommend the Board of Inquiry (BOI) at Fauna Classifieds. They are equipped to deal with these types of problems and have certain standards in place that offer a fair medium for resolution. The herp community in general has been using the BOI for many years now.
American BOI
Canadian BOI
International BOI

If you have an issue with one of our sponsors please contact myself of Brad privately. We welcome suggestions and feedback on how we currently handle reviews and disputes within the hobby.

I’m closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom