hes sick i dont know wat too do

What is the temperature in the warmest place that he can sit in the cage? I would provide it a basking area that is in the low to mid 80'sF.

You definitely need a UVB light...the long linear fluorescent Repti-sun 5.0 tube light is the most often recommended one.

I would recommend that you don't handle it so often too...usambara (deremensis) chameleons, especially the males, seem to be quite shy...and the stress may be hard on him.

I think your cage is a little dark too...might just be the picture though. I usually have a double fluorescent fixture across my cages...with one UVB tube in it and one regular household fluorescent tube in it. This provides quite a bit of light without a lot of heat. I have a regular incandescent household light in a dome fixture for a basking area...wattage determined by the temperature you need to create.

Supplementing and gutloading/feeding your insects well is important too. Also...make sure he drinks each day. If you mist them and then drip some of the water slowly (one or two drips per second) and gently on the end of the nose they usually start to drink.

There is a lot to learn about keeping chameleons if you want to keep them successfully...and some species are easier than others. This is a good place to learn...we all want to help although once in a while it might seem like we are grumpy. It happens...we have a lot of problems that we have to try to help people with and sometimes it can seem overwhelming....so just take it with a grain of salt...and stick with us!

Oh my, ok here is a link to a Bearded Dragon care sheet, they need alot more then just food as well. You can see the care sheet HERE
I don't want to turn this into a discussion about Bearded Dragons on a Chameleon forum but please that link and make sure you have everything you need for ALL of your reptiles.

usambra three horned cham, male, im not sure of the age
once a day for like half an hour
15 crickets 50-100 meal worms i give them cricket food, water twice a week
herpcare ever time i get crickets
i spray it my self for like 15 mins 3 4 times a day i use the spray bottle too give him water ever mourning and nite some times he doesnt drink tho
no he has not been tested droppings seem fine
he was doing this last month then it passed by there is a bearded dragon above him too in a seprat cage

glass it home made my cusin made it i not sure the size but it pretty big
exo terra 50 w sun glo heat elemnets 800am till 800pm
the heat is at the top cooler at the bottom nite temp is 65 i got a couple temputures showing the whole cage temp
humidaty it about 70 put live plants in fog mech misting humidaty thingy
live plants a pittosporum tropical plant
its near a air vent it sits rite on the floor
i live in chatham ON canada

he may be sick

first off awesome chameleon...you better get him to a vet for a fecal!! i can see where people get agitated. honestly i rubbed my head and did my finger work out for the post. you have come to the right place for help. before your next purchase of any reptile please read up on it first then buy. i do not have any experience with this kind of cham. i did a quick google read. they are a montane species. with that said they will like cooler temps with lots of foliage and high humidity. your complete care/set up will have to improve if you want this guy to have a chance at living.

Cage:24x24x48' SCREEN cage lots of rope, vines and live plants if you can. live plants will help with the humidity. make sure you cover the soil with screen. put cage as high up in the room as you can. not near any vents, fans or windows.

Lighting: 5.0 reptisun/house hold bulb for basking. the house bulb watt will depend on how far your nearest branch is from the light and your ambient room temps.
***change bulbs every 6 months.

Temps: basking temp around 78* / ambient temps 72* measure by digital guages.

Hydration: manual spray 2-5 minutes/2-3 times a day. provide a dripper.

Feeders: gutloaded with fresh veggies and fruits and once a week with sticky tongues gutload. Crickets, mealworms, superworms, silkworms, hornworms, dubai roaches, reptiworms, BB flies.

Supplements: repcal calcium w/o d3 every feeding, repcal calcium w/d3 twice a month, repcal herptivite twice a month

im going to put this on here. if you dont take him to a vet more than likely he will die. he is prob a w/c full of parasites. this is not in no way my recommendation but if you dont have the means to take him to a vet buy some reptaid, pedialyte, herptivite and some liquid calcium. this prob wont save his life but it would be a shot at it. if you want more detailed pm me.

my bearded dragon is fine but i will take a look

sometimes i just put my hand in the cage when spraying and he will just crawl up too me and sit on me (the chameleon)

For the bearded dragon you can follow what ferretinmyshoes's Avatar
ferretinmyshoes quoted me as saying in post #12. You can feed the dragon the same insects you would feed to your chameleon and also give it a "salad" of the greens and veggies I said to gutload the insects with....along with a little bit of fruit (pears, apples, berries, melon, etc.). The basking temperature for the dragon can be in the high 80'sF.

Without a UVB light and proper supplements, gutloading, temperatures, etc. both the chameleon and the dragon can develop MBD....so its important to provide all of those things properly.

For the bearded dragon you can follow what ferretinmyshoes's Avatar
ferretinmyshoes quoted me as saying in post #12. You can feed the dragon the same insects you would feed to your chameleon and also give it a "salad" of the greens and veggies I said to gutload the insects with....along with a little bit of fruit (pears, apples, berries, melon, etc.). The basking temperature for the dragon can be in the high 80'sF.

Without a UVB light and proper supplements, gutloading, temperatures, etc. both the chameleon and the dragon can develop MBD....so its important to provide all of those things properly.

agree with everything except
basking temps should be around 100* for a dragon.

im only 18 and the dragon is just fine its the cham i wanna know about lol i got everthing tht the dragon needs its got uvB heat lamp its 80 in there every day i feed it the food tht it needs

best of luck to you and the chameleon. please read my post and put the basics you see there to work and get some feces to the vet for examination. personally i would like to see your complete set up of the bearded dragon also. these guys depend upon you to give them the correct care. as kinyonga said if you dont have the proper lights they will develope mbd, stop eatting and die.

oh the dragon eats lots almost 50 crikets a day green stuff and lil mice ever now and then i dont like feeding him those but i guess i have too tht wat the ppl told me too when i got him

50 crickets a day is way too much. By greens do you mean kale, lettuce, what? My beardies get a salad mix of kale, carrots and kiwi along with their crickets every day and super worms as a treat. Yes you can give pinkie mice once a month.

he seems too like it lol and yes thts wat i feed him for greens
it is a larger one like 10 years maybe i not sure

Not sure about the dragon but for the deremensis that is way too much food especially in the winter time. Most people put them through a brumation during the winter. I have never kept them and they can be quite tricky. Im going to send my friend a message and see if he can steer you in the right direction. Not that any of the others arent but hopefully he can add some good suggestions.

ALso, how much air flow is in that terrarium? They need a good amount this could be part of the problem. Along with UVB, supplementation etc. I wouldnt supplement any montane as much as was said in this thread though

ningachams:

please realize that just because your animal "seems fine" today does NOT mean he is necessarily fine (nor that he will continue to be fine if you keep him in the current setup). Both of these animals NEED UVB.

They WILL be fine for a long time possibly, but sooner or later they will develop MBD and there is no way to see this happening. They will be fine and then they won't be and you are in trouble.

Please, get them BOTH the proper UVB lighting they need!

Back
Top Bottom