He's outside, now what?

LeoM

I read somewhere that it was good to let a plant out of your cage and a stick leading towards it. So i did, and after i handled my Leo (i know, i just noticed a lot of people use this name) who really didnt want to be handled, i put him back in his cage and then left the plant outside with a stick leading towards it, he actually did it, and i really cant beleive it... and now he's on the plant..... what should i do??? should i give him his space? or try to handle him?? his sleeping time is in an hour, and i think he wants to sleep on the outside plant... what should i do??? :S

I would just leave him be but make sure you get up before he does because you might wake to find a plant and no chameleon!!!

Thats what i am worried about!!!! plus he is really small! only around 3.5 months... what i was happy to see today it was his blues and greens are starting to show.... he's a nosy be (but some people confused him with a female, and this proves he's not)

i dont think i would leave him, i often check on my cham a few times after lights out and they often have moved, and i dont think a cham that small would be easy to find.
is it possible to move the plant hes on into his cage and leave him be..or maybe to another spot he cant get away from like the bathtub. ( no water and plug the drain of course )
i do think waking him and moving him isnt great but its alot better then panicing in the am.
or just stay up all night and watch him LoL :)

If you want him to begin to trust you so you can handle him you should hand feed its done wonders for my nosy be. My boys love me now they get excited to see you. Of course make sure he has had ample time to settle into his cage

i dont think i would leave him, i often check on my cham a few times after lights out and they often have moved, and i dont think a cham that small would be easy to find.
is it possible to move the plant hes on into his cage and leave him be..or maybe to another spot he cant get away from like the bathtub. ( no water and plug the drain of course )
i do think waking him and moving him isnt great but its alot better then panicing in the am.
or just stay up all night and watch him LoL :)

hoj, you are right. I did not realize he was so young. I was just thinking about disturbing him once he was fast asleep. Moving the plant into a small room like a bathroom is a good idea. or he could just pick him up(maybe with a glove) and put him back in his cage. or camp out next to the plant like you said! lol

hoj, you are right. I did not realize he was so young. I was just thinking about disturbing him once he was fast asleep. Moving the plant into a small room like a bathroom is a good idea. or he could just pick him up(maybe with a glove) and put him back in his cage. or camp out next to the plant like you said! lol

thx carol, i didnt want to undermind you, as ive been in a tough spot a few times when i left a cham out and they went tosleep on a tree and i just couldnt sleep untill i moved him LoL
thx carol:D

thx carol, i didnt want to undermind you, as ive been in a tough spot a few times when i left a cham out and they went tosleep on a tree and i just couldnt sleep untill i moved him LoL
thx carol:D
awe hoj, you weren't underminding me at all. You gave the right answer!
lol I have left Romeo outside on my patio before for the night cause he has fallen alseep and he looked so peaceful. Even though it is one huge screened in cage so to speak, I have found myself going out there all through the night and checking on him. I don't do that very often!!!

He's right next to me.. i think ill camp most of the night to check up oh him, i really dont want to bother...

Helios: Thanks for teh advice! he has already been eating from my hand but has only done this like a couple of times...today he didnt want to, but ill keep trying, what do you recommend next?

Hoj and carol... don't fight! it's ok, both of you are very helpful! Heheh ;)

Besides, he always stays in the same branch for the whole night when he sleeps at his cage

For those who wanted to know... We had a succesful night, today i woke up early to find him alreasy moving near the branch he alept last night. I tried to help him move to his cage by offering to hold him but he didnt want to, he is still moving towards his cage, almost. Entering.

Back
Top Bottom