He's here!!!!!!

sensation

He's here!!!!!! (Carpet Chameleon)

He's only moved an inch since 9:30 and it seems hes scared lol I took a quick picture and put him in his cage. He's still trying to figure out what is going on so I'm trying my hardest not to look at him! heres a picture! His name shall be Kevin!

Picture24.png

Oh so pretty! So he is still sitting in the cup? He will move sooner or later!!! Have you tried offering him any food? Mine ate instatly when he first arrived and I put him in the enclosure.

He sat there for a good hour and a half but in the last 5 minutes moved around a little bit out of the cup. I haven't offered him any food yet but I will in a little bit. He doesn't seem hungry. He's seems very very confused so I doubt he will eat.

you might be surprised! I did not think mine would either. If he doesn't though I wouldn't worry. Some take more time than others to acclimate. Is that a Carpet? I love the markings!

You'd feel the same way if you just sent the last 12hrs in the dark, had jetlag, froze your scales off, and got a bumpy ass ride to a secret location. Wait he probably thinks you think he's a spy or something?? :eek:

You'd feel the same way if you just sent the last 12hrs in the dark, had jetlag, froze your scales off, and got a bumpy ass ride to a secret location. Wait he probably thinks you think he's a spy or something?? :eek:

LOL. I spewed my coffee all over my monitor, reading this.

You do know how to start my day, first you are going to toss your cham in the cages & now I am lol.:)

I would pick the cham up and gently sit him in his cage. He will be happier in his cage with some cover. congratulations, he is a little doll.

Thats funny because I thought the same thing. He probably does. He probably thinks I'm some sort of spy or something lol. I introduced a few crickets and even had one within the strike zone but he just looked at me like I was crazy! I'm sure he'll eat when he feels comfortable. I went out for 45 minutes and when I came back it took me at least 15 minutes to find him lol.

Yes hes a carpet! He's just chilling right now being lazy.

Thank you! and yes, he's a carpet. I named him Kevin for some reason. First name that came to me when I saw him lol.

Ok everyone, I wanted to inform everyone how Kevin did on his first day. I didn't see him eat or drink but I that is normal from what I hear. He pooped and it was wet, black with a little white and a little yellow. I know poop tells a lot and I think yellow means dehydrated? I misted him today for about 15 minutes total but had a fogger and dripper running so I'm not really worried about it. I tried not to bother him too much but it was too hard and I picked him up and held him for a minute. He was very cranky today and I probably shouldn't have picked him up but I haven't had a chameleon in about 10-15 years and I missed having one lol. Other than that it was pretty uneventful. I really just wanted him to have his space and relax. He did spend all day trying to hide! At one point it took me 30 minutes to find him! Here are a few pictures.

Judging from this picture, you can see he doesn't much care for water!
IMG00120-20110216-1230.jpg

After he settled in, he became less stressed and relaxed
IMG00121-20110216-2102.jpg

LMAO... well said Picasso. Soooo funny, I did... lol :D;):D

@ sensation Congrats! He's soooo cute. Keep those pictures coming :D:D:D

Thanks everyone! I'm extremely happy with him! He wasn't too nice the first day home but thats understandable. I noticed he hasn't eaten any crickets yet but I'm not worried. I know many chameleons don't eat for the first few days.

The great thing is, he only gets stressed when I mist. Yesterday I picked him up but he was a little upset so I put him back after a minute. It was the first time I touched him. Today, before work, I was walking by and he was just sitting there. I went up and reached my hand out and he walked right on. He didn't get stressed at all. He turned a beautiful bright yellow/green color! I put a few crickets by him but he didn't think twice about eating them. I then put the crickets in a bowl too big for them to get out but not too big for him to get to them. I left him alone for about 7 hours and when I got back, all the crickets were still there. :( Im worried about him eating but he's pooped twice since being home and as anyone knows, if theres poop, theres food in his stomach.

Oh I'll post more pictures later next week. I didn't want to bother him too much the first couple days. He's had a big week!

Back
Top Bottom