He's completely freaking out!

You said..."It's easy to tell he's under weight"...he doesn't look underweight to me.

I still have no real idea of why he behaved hat way. Sorry. :(
I tried your water drip drip drip on the nose method in an attempt to get him to open his mouth for his antibiotics (the vet prescribed a different one on Monday) and it was a no go. He is one stubborn cham! It may as well be Chinese water torture and it wouldn't matter. He'd literally sit there until he drown before he'd open his mouth.

At least it's a very tiny dose, and even though I'm barely able to get it between his tight lips, it must be helping because he finally started eating Hornworms this week ??

Did the vet have any idea or input on why he was acting so crazy the other day?
Also, make sure you put the meds as far back as you can...their airway (red arrow) is in the front of their mouths. Esophagus (blue) is in the back.
98809156-5B36-49E0-9F30-D7EE9F1744C4.jpeg

Did the vet have any idea or input on why he was acting so crazy the other day?
Also, make sure you put the meds as far back as you can...their airway (red arrow) is in the front of their mouths. Esophagus (blue) is in the back.
View attachment 277992
After I went over his symptoms with her, which really looked like he was hallucinating that something was attacking him, she agreed that it must have been a reaction to the medication. She said it would be really unlikely that the b12 shot would have caused it.

She said that particular antibiotic could definitely have that affect if he were sensitive to it.

My cham I had previously was very sick when I got him. I had to give him liquid calcium supplements for a long time, which was no fun, but he was so easy in comparison. I learned very quickly about the anatomy of the Chameleon ?

After I went over his symptoms with her, which really looked like he was hallucinating that something was attacking him, she agreed that it must have been a reaction to the medication. She said it would be really unlikely that the b12 shot would have caused it.

She said that particular antibiotic could definitely have that affect if he were sensitive to it.

My cham I had previously was very sick when I got him. I had to give him liquid calcium supplements for a long time, which was no fun, but he was so easy in comparison. I learned very quickly about the anatomy of the Chameleon ?
Poor guy. :( Sorry that you’ve been thru so much with him, and glad that he has you. ☺

Does it make me a terrible parent if I say I think he already has a ticket to ride the short bus ?
Not at all. My last service dog had the sweetest gentlest soul I have ever known, but he was dumber'n a bag of hammers. ?‍♂️

Don't get me wrong, he's special. I'm thinking of changing his name to Ed ?
We must know some of the same people.

Back
Top Bottom