Herpstat

Kaden

I know herpstats can slowly turn on lights to mimic sunrise, but can they do the same at night and mimic sunset?

Don't they say they do on the instructions? I'm confused?

Do you mean the Sunrise/Sunset feature of the Lighting mode, or the Basking Assist Ramping for the Heat Source mode. To the later, I don't believe it does. However if you guys asked, he would likely custom add the feature, you would have to send in your units.

Mine came from Pangea - not custom options. I find the instructions a little hard to follow but havent messed with it since setup. Its working just havent fine tuned it

I know herpstats can slowly turn on lights to mimic sunrise, but can they do the same at night and mimic sunset?

I was looking at the website for them because you sparked my interest.
I believe the answer to your question is yes. I don't have experience with them, but the site seems to suggest that you can slowly switch from day to night.

"·Soft startup slowly applies power during initial warmups.

·User selectable temperature ramping allows day to night changes to occur slowly. (Up to 10 hours) "

https://www.spyderrobotics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=30

I do not know about these, but I am about too get a google home mini for my cham. I am hopping to control this kind of thing. I want to add rain sounds when it mists.
Any one else try this ?

I do not know about these, but I am about too get a google home mini for my cham. I am hopping to control this kind of thing. I want to add rain sounds when it mists.
Any one else try this ?

That would be interesting to try. Does the google home adjust the amount of power that it outputs? I'm not familiar with it.

Is the rain sounds for you or the cham? haha:ROFLMAO:

That would be interesting to try. Does the google home adjust the amount of power that it outputs? I'm not familiar with it.

Is the rain sounds for you or the cham? haha:ROFLMAO:

Most of it is for me. :ROFLMAO: I have an open enclosure over my tub. So I rain from the ceiling. It is great in a hot bath ?.

Yes it can dim lights I know, but I am not sure if it can dim a plug unit. I suspect it will. There are hundreds of options now.

Herpstats are great. The temperature will ramp up to your set point over a set period of time (up to 3 hours I believe), and then ramp down slowly over the same period of time. I use ceramic heaters for this purpose to slowly ramp up the basking spot throughout the day. You can have the lights slowly ramp on and off as well but this may or may not work with LED fixtures. I just time my fixtures to come on one by one, with the bright focused "basking" LED coming on last with the peaking of the temperature. The bright LED fixtures are as much or more for the plants however than they are for the chameleons...
Herpstats also have built in humidity control on many models.

Back
Top Bottom