herpology enclosure

My local pet shop can order me some...but they are proud of them, so I will probably try to find a good online vender to order my group. I'm still unsure of how many would be ok for my tank. I'm looking at 1 male and 2-4 females. Still need to learn a bit more and let the tank run to check temp/humidity before putting any in.

There is one sponsor that will be getting some more pygmys in stock in the next week for a good price, but they are not CB. Is this something with this species I need to worry about? I normally like to get everything CB, but I'm not haveing the best luck finding some. Any advice on breeders/dealers would be great too. Thanks

I just saw someone on Kingsnake selling pygs. I think acuminitus & virdis. If i remember right. Im sure they are wc as about 99% you see for sale are.

I want to order my pygmys after the holidays, my question is how many would be good for my size tank. 18x18x18 I have read the rule of two in a 10 gallon and a extra 5 gallons for each extra pygmy. My tank is around 25 gallons, but how does lenght versus height add up. Using the stated math I could keep 5 but is that too many. I would like at least a 1:2 trio maybe more females if that would be ok. I'm kind of thinking 1 male and 3 females would be a full cage. I also don't know about breeding, how big do the babies have to be before they can be mixed with adults and at what age do multiple male babies need to be seperated. I have another 12x12x12 exo terra I plan to setup to raise babies in.(If I'm lucky) What is good food for baby and adult pygmys, pinheads/fruitflys or probably a combo of both? Any advice or links to some good articles would be great. Thanks, stephen

Back
Top Bottom