herpmist vs. pro-mist systems

catherine

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking into purchasing one of these systems which I've heard great things about. I'm not sure which of the two to purchase, any suggestions?

Pro-Mist nozzels aren't the greatest.
They can easily flood a cage because the mist angle is shallow.
MistKing and HerpMist cover more area, and also have a better mist.
I'd go with HerpMist or MistKing.
Personally, I have HerpMist and MistKing nozzels and a PM pump.
I keep the PM nozzels in my junj drawer.

I use my pro mist nozzles for my outside cage. They give off a shower like spray that makes it harder for the wind to blow it away. But for all my indoor cages, they are herp mist or mistking. The mistking nozzles are a really fine spray. Almost fog-like. They're GrrRRReeeeaat!!! -Quote "Tony the Tiger"

Yeah I have a pro-mist pump runs real good and has a 3 yr warranty but those nozzles are not the greatest I'm going to order those herp nozzles.:D

Yeah I have a pro-mist pump runs real good and has a 3 yr warranty but those nozzles are not the greatest I'm going to order those herp nozzles.:D

Writh, herpmist has been missing in action lately. So, you might be interested in getting a mistking nozzle instead.

how do you deal with water run off? and dont you need to warm the water?
some of the low flow nozzles put out less than 1 fluid oz per minute , with a 1 minute run time , thats only about a few tablespoons of water (per nozzle), you can heat the water by simply setting the resevoir on an under tank heater or a piece of flex watt

If you can get Jason at herpmist to answer your email feel free to buy from him.

I would buy mist king since Marty returns emails pretty quickly.

well thats good enough for me but have heard of these guys http://reptilebasics.com/Advanced-Misting-System-p-16382.html
and theres come with a nice timer

Check out the system from Mist King. Trust me, the mist king comes very complete. little hose clamps, elbows... black hose, black bulkhead fittings his own pump made specific for our application and the zip-drip valve. If you buy the kit with the timer from Mist King, you can set it to operate by the second... the contraption you see in the kit you linked isn't all that accurate and unless it has a photo cell it won't turn off at night.

Here is a thread I made about the nozzles I got from Mist King last week: Link

Here is anoher thread about my misting system. Post RO, my misting system is basically a Mist King system with some bells and whistles I added: Link

Back
Top Bottom