Helppp lost the baby!

Brittanyann4

Helppppp! Any kind of tips or ideas of where to look would be extremely helpful. I had a tear in my screen and didn’t know it and my baby veiled escaped in my basement I’ve searched all day high and low and have no idea where to look. She’s really small so I didn’t think she would go far considering she isn’t as adventurous as her sister she usually just loves to bask by the light and she’s really clumsy so I didn’t think she would climb the brick wall and I found her sister immediately (the adventurous one) right behind her enclosure. I’m so worried she is way too small to be out roaming alone. This isn’t my first Cham but definitely my first escape! I have no idea how to find her!

Attachments

• E41E4490-973E-43C6-8A0E-E374981057A0.jpeg
    E41E4490-973E-43C6-8A0E-E374981057A0.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 1034A005-E67B-4833-B619-DED41F8A3577.jpeg
    1034A005-E67B-4833-B619-DED41F8A3577.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 146
This is day two of looking for her and still no sign of her I looked at all the wires and turned off all the lights last night except hers thinking if she got cold she would go back to her cage to get warm. Unfortunately this basement is full of wires and pipes. She’s a Florida girl we just moved up north 4 days ago. the basement was just temporary until I could fix her new enclosure my husband is building. so far my dog died in my car he was 13 during the long drive and now I lost my Cham in a dungeon. I just need hope at this point!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 109
She’s on the wires

Look under things. Wires, the wire racks and misting tubings are favorite places. Look low to the ground. Remember to look at things from several different angles because babies especially will swivel around and hide behind even little wires. I've found escaped babies that were a lot smaller than yours low to the ground. Look on wires. I once found a baby right under a double fluorescent bulb. I have no idea how that baby survived nestled up against hot light bulbs. They can move pretty far.

The best find was a newly hatched neonate caught in a spider web under a dresser.

I hope you find her. Have you looked up in the rafters where they cross the top of the walls?

Best shot is to turn out every light so it’s pitch black, she will go to sleep and turn s bright green color. Then come in with a flash light, the green will stand out when the light hits it.

For a Cham, height = security. Look high.

I’d be very concerned with spiders in your situation. Not trying to scare you, just being real.

Last edited:
Best shot is to turn out every light so it’s pitch black, she will go to sleep and turn s bright green color. Then come in with a flash light, the green will stand out when the light hits it.

For a Cham, height = security. Look high.

I’d be very concerned with spiders in your situation. Not trying to scare you, just being real.

Thats how i find all mine. They litterally glow in the dark.

I also look at all the end of the "branches", they will never be in the center of a "bush/tree" they will always be on an outside sleeping branch.

You could also set up a basking trap. If you setup a basking light at a 45 degree angle onto a white piece of paper, and run a stick for a basking branch, they may be attracted to it and come to heat up.

I also learned that leopard geckos like to hide under warm appliances. The last one i found under the water heater.

Last edited:
We went and looked again even tried the flash light trick last night and still no luck. It doesn’t help the room she was in is huge! Is there anyway I can try and get her to come out? I put fruit flies in a bucket on the ground hoping she will come to it when she gets hungry but at this point, I just don’t want anything bad to happen to her so I released a few crickets in my basement ‍♀️♀️

We went and looked again even tried the flash light trick last night and still no luck. It doesn’t help the room she was in is huge! Is there anyway I can try and get her to come out? I put fruit flies in a bucket on the ground hoping she will come to it when she gets hungry but at this point, I just don’t want anything bad to happen to her so I released a few crickets in my basement ‍♀‍♀
So brave

I am screaming with excitement!!!!! Thank you so much to everyone who gave me pointers on where to look!!! My husband went to take our bearded dragons out front on the porch for some Fresh air and sun rays and as he turned around to put them in their carrier he noticed something green on my Great Danes cage.....and there she was!!!! She looks super skinny and I’m actually surprised he didn’t try and eat her. But I’m beyond excited and feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders!!! Thank you again everyone I appreciate it so much!!

Attachments

• 8CEB0A4E-B9EE-4F8A-A737-B8985BA15CC8.jpeg
    8CEB0A4E-B9EE-4F8A-A737-B8985BA15CC8.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 120
Back
Top Bottom