help!

well bad news. pablo is not doing so well. thins morning he was on the floor of his cage and he fell during his shower. i dont think the poor little guy will make it much longer. its been two weeks since he has eaten and he stoped drinking water two days ago. when i try to give him water in a syringe he just spits it out.

Pedialite

When my female veil gets dehydrated after a clutch I give her unflavored Pedialite from a saringe. When she hisses I squirt some in her mouth. Just a thought. Also, pedialite is only good for 2 days after you open it so I fill ice trays with and thaw out a cube in the microwave make sure it is not too hot when you give it to him. Sorry to hear about your cham. :(

ya i dont think he will make it much longer. i had to make him a hammock so he doesnt have to spend his last days on the floor. he just isnt bouncing back. today when i woke up he had two rod looking things sticking out of his vent. after wathering him a bit they went back in. he looks like hes in pain. i feel bad.

Ahh doesn't sound good...your only hope is continuing the meds and try to get some pedialyte down. I would also try to crush up some pear to a mush and try to get some of that down, but you always risk choking your cham whenever you force feed. If your cham is impacted which could have been caused from dehydration you just have to hope that it passes and the pears will help that. Also, I don't know about taking your cham outside. I have seen many problems cause by keeping chams outside for too long, especially this time of year. Good luck!

suprisingly pablo is feeling better today. he has been imobile in a hammock for almost a week. i have been force feeding him water and wax worms. today when i went to go feed him his eyes were not so sunken in and for the first time he actually turned his head and opened his mouth to be fed. im still not sure if he will make it but i at least feel a little better.

Back
Top Bottom