help!!!

gavin2583

hi wounder if some one could help me i i have a panther cham that spends all day sat at the bottom of the tank he never use to has just started in the last few months, i have tried lower heat lamp to see if he was getting to hot but no change he is eating and drinking well, i have 3 other chams in the same room and thy are all ok its just this one can any one help me at all??????????????????

Fill out the following and we can help you troubleshoot...

First question-are you sure it is male? Please post a picture...
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

i have had the cham for 18months i got him when he was 3 oths old it is 100 % male assoon as he see's our female he changes colour and starts head bobbing. he is in a tank that is 1m tall 500mm deep and 600mm wide with a exo uv light and spot light for heat, i have plastic plants with bark at the bottom and lots off vines for climbing. all my lizards are in there own room in our house with the wdow open to allow fresh are in. all the tanks are spraded with treated water every day. as i said before we have treated all of them the same for at least 18months and its just in the last couple of monts hehas gone like this. i handle all of the most days as they are all fairly friendly (apart fom our veild) hope this helps

this is a pic from when he was a bit younger but should help confirm he is a male

Attachments

• Photo264.jpg
    Photo264.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 104
Fill out the form Jan posted and be specific. Is the cage glass or mesh? Can you post some photos of your cham.

i have posted a pic for you and the tank is wooded with a glass front heat control is via a thermo stat
thanks for your reply

I am assuming you are overseas somewhere. He is indeed male and beautiful. Here in the states, especially the warmer ones, tanks are a no-no and we use screen cages. Substrate is not recommened anywhere since it is an impaction danger.

What are your temps?

yea thats correct i have one of the branches which sits under the heat lamp nut not to close dont want him to burn himself.

i have posted a pic for you and the tank is wooded with a glass front heat control is via a thermo stat
thanks for your reply

We mean a current photo of his current condition. Maybe a photo of his enclosure.

Yea glass and substrate are not really a good thing. Glass tanks can get hot and stuffy real quick. You said he is eating and drinking well, so if you see no other obvious negative signs, he is probably fine. Check his eyes and his mouth, those are the two most common areas for bad signs to manifest themselves.

iwill sort a pic of him and viv tomorrow he has gone to bed now eyes mouth and head all look fine as i have said before we have a few of these amazing animals and normally no what we are doing just got a little concered over his behaviour many thanks to your replies

Back
Top Bottom