Help.....

Hi,

I am thashow's Grandfather. First, I would like to say thank you to everyone for your advice. I took Chamilli to the Vet today. The Vet confirmed that Chamilli was suffering from Metabolic Bone Disease (MBD). The leg was not broken, as in a trauma fracture, but has a fold due to the MBD. Despite the disturbing images, the prognosis is good. The Vet did a subcutaneous injection of vitamins and minerals and fluids, though he didn't think that dehydration was part of the problem. We have reduced the temperature in the encosure and we are correcting the feeding process to ensure proper nutrition. Chamilli is getting a prescribed Calcium supplement orally and the crickets we feed her will be properly gut-loaded and dusted with supplements. The vet willl also be administering 3 bi-weekly shots of calcitonin to try to reverse the MBD. We are still discussing whether it is in Chamilli's best interest to continue raising her (we have learned a great deal in the past week) or finding another home (the tech at the Vet Hospital has offered to take her).

Thank you all again.

I am so glad to hear this guy was taken to the vet! This is my first time readining this threat so when I saw the pix I would have thought mdb or a fall, but it looked as though the mouth at the tip was bowed which made me think mbd. It is good that this can be treated though the damage already done to her legs will remain, but can go on to lead a normal life as long as they recover well.

Now THAT is an awesome Grandfather! :):):)

Just one more thing-is there glass or plastic over the UVB bulb? Again-UVB does not pass through either.

Excellent job grandfather. Your grandchild is lucky to have u. Thanks for your help in saving a life. My hat is off to u...

You are a good man. Thank you for taking her to the vet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.

I appreciate the kind words and moral support.

Julirs, the top, front and back of the enclosure are screen. The uv light is on top so Chamilli should be getting her daily dose of uv.

We'll update this thread with our decision and a health update.

Thank you all again for helping us with Chamilli.

Back
Top Bottom