Help

Mack5678

My chameleon will only eat meal worms just got him or her a week ago. I put the crickets in and he doesn’t bother. He is just a baby. What should I do. I don’t want anything to happen to him. Should I return him. He also hisses at me when when I open his cage

chameleon-food(1).jpg

The hissing is normal judt takes time and depends on the tupe of cham. Veileds r grumpy and hiss all the time

Hi and welcome,
Please give it some time, in the beginning they can be picky and it´s trying to adjust to it´s new environment. Just keep offering the crickets and slowly start lessening the mealworms, it will eventually eat them. The hissing is normal and sometimes wont stop doing this when getting older. Just don´t return it yet.

Could you post some pictures of the cham and its enclosure?

So how big is the chameleon vs the crickets your feeding? Are you using the correct UVB linear lighting?

Chameleons are not typically friendly animals. They are more like having fish. You look but really do not interact with them much. So the hissing is totally normal.

As mentioned if you can post pics of the cham and enclosure that would help us to help you.

Welcome to the forum and the world of chameleons!

What species of chameleon do you have? Please post some photos of the chameleon and the cage including the lights on the cage.

What is the temperature in the cage?
What size are the crickets you are offering to your chameleon?

Back
Top Bottom