HELP

I’m going to pay attention to this thread I’d like to hear these guys have to say on baby chameleon care. Most of the stuff we help with on here are chameleons already old enough for the normal care advice we repetitively give out like Brody said. Probably can learn a few things listening to Matt Jan and Brody on baby care since I literally don’t even know where to begin with a chameleon this young.
agreed! I have a lot to learn!

Please don’t take any of these comments as me being rude, I’m pressed for time...

Your already at a huge disadvantage with her being so young. Chams less than 90 days old are extremely fragile and the slightest change of the routine can prove lethal.

You MUSTb upgrade to a 24” linear 6% UVB. She is guaranteed to die without this.
Zoo Med T5 HO Reptisun Terrarium Hood 24" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQU8F2O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_10yfDb8F9FY08

No basking light at this age, room temp is fine.

I’m not seeing dehydration in her eyes but I can’t really tell from those pics, post better ones. Since you’ve only had her 2 days I’m thinking the appear sunken due to stress.

Post a poop pic when you get one, emphasis on the urates part.

Your not going to see her drink or eat for a while due to the stress of the move.

Buy a pop up butterfly cage($15) to use as a temp viv until she is big enough to move to a full size viv(3-4mo). You’ve got to get her out of that plastic tank ASAP. It will cook her.
RESTCLOUD Insect and Butterfly Habitat Cage Terrarium Pop-up 23.6 Inches Tall https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074ZHXF48/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_51yfDbSZFVF7G

You need a good combination thermometer/hydrometer ASAP as well. Excess heat and humidity will kill her quickly and that’s exactly what that box is doing.
ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Humidity Monitor with Temperature Humidity Gauge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H1R0K68/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p3yfDbK7ZMZP9

She needs 2-3 LIVE plants for her to hide in so she feels secure. She will not eat or drink if she feels exposed.

Don’t bother with leafy greens right now, she needs gutloaded, lightly dusted bugs only.
Repashy Calcium Plus LoD 3 Oz JAR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DLJRMV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_43yfDbDMF5Z60

Is she sleeping during the day?

Please don’t take any of these comments as me being rude, I’m pressed for time...

Your already at a huge disadvantage with her being so young. Chams less than 90 days old are extremely fragile and the slightest change of the routine can prove lethal.

You MUSTb upgrade to a 24” linear 6% UVB. She is guaranteed to die without this.
Zoo Med T5 HO Reptisun Terrarium Hood 24" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQU8F2O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_10yfDb8F9FY08

No basking light at this age, room temp is fine.

I’m not seeing dehydration in her eyes but I can’t really tell from those pics, post better ones. Since you’ve only had her 2 days I’m thinking the appear sunken due to stress.

Post a poop pic when you get one, emphasis on the urates part.

Your not going to see her drink or eat for a while due to the stress of the move.

Buy a pop up butterfly cage($15) to use as a temp viv until she is big enough to move to a full size viv(3-4mo). You’ve got to get her out of that plastic tank ASAP. It will cook her.
RESTCLOUD Insect and Butterfly Habitat Cage Terrarium Pop-up 23.6 Inches Tall https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074ZHXF48/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_51yfDbSZFVF7G

You need a good combination thermometer/hydrometer ASAP as well. Excess heat and humidity will kill her quickly and that’s exactly what that box is doing.
ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Humidity Monitor with Temperature Humidity Gauge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H1R0K68/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p3yfDbK7ZMZP9

She needs 2-3 LIVE plants for her to hide in so she feels secure. She will not eat or drink if she feels exposed.

Don’t bother with leafy greens right now, she needs gutloaded, lightly dusted bugs only.
Repashy Calcium Plus LoD 3 Oz JAR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DLJRMV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_43yfDbDMF5Z60

Is she sleeping during the day?
She slept for a good 5 minutes to day and stay active the rest. July 2nd I should be able to get everything. I was told by a reddit user that she is fine there until she has to move to her new cage. Thank you for all this information and I will update everyone hopefully by July 4th. And I cant upload pictures right now since it's 11:55 at night. Thank you fo everything.

What do you think you need?
Well I obviously need a terrarium. I was think a 16x16x30 around there. Obviously taller then it is wide. A 60 watt heat emmiter for when she gets older. A 10.0 UVB mini compact flourescent by Zoo Med. The light would be held by Repti Zoo 2 packs 5.5 inch deep dome lamp. I will get atleast a potted hibiscus and if there is enough room another potted plant, most likely a pothos. Decorations like vines and and flukers repta vines so she can be concealed in certain areas. A humidity and thermometer gauge. And the food would consist of mostly crickets (gutloaded and calcium covered) and mealworms here and there to avoid the fat I keep hearing about.

She slept for a good 5 minutes to day and stay active the rest. July 2nd I should be able to get everything. I was told by a reddit user that she is fine there until she has to move to her new cage. Thank you for all this information and I will update everyone hopefully by July 4th. And I cant upload pictures right now since it's 11:55 at night. Thank you fo everything.
No Reddit is useless for this, she is not fine in that little death trap. Buy the butterfly case and plants

Well I obviously need a terrarium. I was think a 16x16x30 around there. Obviously taller then it is wide. A 60 watt heat emmiter for when she gets older. A 10.0 UVB mini compact flourescent by Zoo Med. The light would be held by Repti Zoo 2 packs 5.5 inch deep dome lamp. I will get atleast a potted hibiscus and if there is enough room another potted plant, most likely a pothos. Decorations like vines and and flukers repta vines so she can be concealed in certain areas. A humidity and thermometer gauge. And the food would consist of mostly crickets (gutloaded and calcium covered) and mealworms here and there to avoid the fat I keep hearing about.
That viv is too big for a baby
No need for heat emitter now, but yes later
The CFL UVB bulbs will kill her
Hibiscus and pathos are great choices
No mealworms, ever.

Refer to my previous post for links to the correct equipment.

That viv is too big for a baby
No need for heat emitter now, but yes later
The CFL UVB bulbs will kill her
Hibiscus and pathos are great choices
No mealworms, ever.

Refer to my previous post for links to the correct equipment.
So just 5.0 UVB? And no mealworms. Just Crickets? I heard there had to be some sort of variety. And is a butterfly case good enough with all the decors until 4 months?

Yeah. I was wondering if keeping her in the butterfly case is good enough until she becomes 4 or 5 months old to upgrade to a 16x16x30
Definitely not good enough until 4 or 5, but will be better than the critter keeper you have her in now for a little while. You would be surprised how big they get at 4-5 months

I’m going to pay attention to this thread I’d like to hear what these guys have to say on baby chameleon care. Most of the stuff we help with on here are chameleons already old enough for the normal care advice we repetitively give out like Brody said. Probably can learn a few things listening to Matt Jan and Brody on baby care since I literally don’t even know where to begin with a chameleon this young.
Yeah I hit watch too!

Shes fine. I checked her first droppings and they were fine. She's not dehydrated and the poop is twice the size of the urate. Is that suppose to be fine? It wasn't dry but it also wasn't wet. Wierd to explain
That seems normal to me but I also dont have experience with a cham that young. I did get my boy much younger than he should have been sold to me though, so i understand the stress it causes and how it's probably scaring you also. Just follow everything Brody is telling you to the letter. My boy would most definitely be dead if it werent for the help I got from these keepers.
Did you get a picture of her feces for Brody?

That seems normal to me but I also dont have experience with a cham that young. I did get my boy much younger than he should have been sold to me though, so i understand the stress it causes and how it's probably scaring you also. Just follow everything Brody is telling you to the letter. My boy would most definitely be dead if it werent for the help I got from these keepers.
Did you get a picture of her feces for Brody?
Sadly I didn't get a picture. I forgot to and I already cleaned the enclosure. I do however remember what it looked like. It looked like this

Screenshot_20190628-183518_Google.jpg

But the poop was a third(bigger) to 2 times the size of the Urates.

Back
Top Bottom