HELP!

please keep us updated on her and what the vet says
Hey guys the vet said she did break her leg it’s a small fracture tho. About the MBD she said it was very hard to tell so she’s still not sure if it’s that it might be very mild she has to talk it over with another vet from a different city so we will be returning in about 2 days but for now she gave me medicine for her. Many changes will be made Im already working on better lighting and changing the supplements thank you all for the help I’ll let you know what happens in the next appointment

Well if it ends up being MBD at least it's early. That's a shame about the break but please keep us updated and let's get your setup the way you like it when your ready.

Reactions: iMi
What type of uvb does she have? How old is the bulb?View attachment 221684
I find this graphic very helpful. Part of the problem is that many of us start with the "starter kit" from Zoo Med. They are great "grow out" cages, but they don't come with the right lighting. At all.

Plus, key aspects of husbandry are not addressed by the "complete kit" to start. I think that's a shame and really a detriment to the hobby.

I really want a nice enclosure for her especially since she has been growing. where could I get a nice one

DYIcages.com seems to have really nice ones. Others here can chime in on the quality. They are sold out of the proper size, so I ended up buying ReptiBreeze Deluxe LED X Large. It's nice, but the only part worth the "deluxe" upgrade is the deep bin in the bottom and the plexiglass front panel (although, it might cause issues). If I were to do it again, I'd probably get the basic one. Same size. All screen.

They do sell a compatible stand, which will help you elevate the enclosure and create a more comfortable setting for her. I opted for the bioactive, natural setup and love it. Good luck. There are immensely knowledgeable people here and I found this forum extremely useful. You're in good hands.

Build it!
C7880AB0-46AF-45FF-AA49-2A736BEFDB43.jpeg

I find this graphic very helpful. Part of the problem is that many of us start with the "starter kit" from Zoo Med. They are great "grow out" cages, but they don't come with the right lighting. At all.

Plus, key aspects of husbandry are not addressed by the "complete kit" to start. I think that's a shame and really a detriment to the hobby.

Oh my gosh, I totally agree! I was ranting about this the other night. Honestly considering writing a letter to major pet store headquarters to address how they are enabling people to harm the species..........very personal to me as I got my Cham from a young girl whose parents bought him (the chameleon) & the Reptibreeze starter kit and LITERALLY had nothing in his enclosure aside from the one vine and little fake plant. He would have died within days if I didn’t get him from them when I did and go in immediately to make major changes.

Reactions: iMi
Hey guys its been a while but I wanted to update you if that’s okay! But the first vet I went to wasn’t much help she took x rays informed me of the fracture said she’d order the equipment needed for my chameleon then never really contacted me back I had to call her and she just let me know I had to look elsewhere which was pretty upsetting but it’s okay. A few days later I took a little trip to a vet that knew more about chameleons she got a calcium shot and they gave me medications for her they also said her fracture has gotten a little better !!! Which made me happy these vets were super helpful. I also went out and got all her vitamins so I get the supplements right for when she starts eating again and I’m waiting on a better misting system but I still don’t know which light to order for her :(

Back
Top Bottom