HELP !!!!!

Chef nado

Hi im a new owner of a 5 month old veiled Chameleon. I've had her for 1 month now and so far she was doing just fine.
Last week she took a fall off of a ledge on to the floor about 3 to 4 ft up, landed on her stomach or at least I think she did. I was so scared she broke something or got hurt really bad. She seemed okay at first, moving around and being alert. Now it's been almost 5 days with no food and she is now falling off her branches in her room. She is to weak to hold on and doesn't even try to hold on when I pick her up.
She hasn't shown any bruising, she still changes color regularly but she has lost appetite and she's so weak! I have no idea what to do or whats wrong.
Im going to look for a vet!
Anything will help!
Thank you!!!!

We can't help you without pictures and please fill out the how to ask for help form in the health section.

Just copy and paste the form into this thread. The mods will move the entire thread to the health section if they want

20171105_143226.jpg 20171105_143506.jpg 20171105_143506.jpg 20171105_143418.jpg 20171105_143256.jpg 20171105_143304.jpg

• Your Chameleon - Female Veiled Chameleon, 5 months old. In my care for 1 month
  • Handling - at most once a week
  • Feeding - Meal worms Wax worms and Crickets. She never eats more than 3 or 4 of them
  • she eats in the morning or around 5 pm. I give the bugs apples, romaine lettuce, carrots,kale or parsley mostly what i have on hand from home. also she doesn't seem to really like crickets.
  • Supplements - rep-cal Calcium with vitamin D once a week
  • Watering - she has a in cage flowing fountain. cage is misted 2 to 3 times a day, i have never seen her drink water though
  • Fecal Description - all her droppings have been brown with white. she has no been tested for parasites though

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen cage 36x36x48
  • Lighting - self blasted mercury bulb turned on from 7 am to 6 pm
  • Temperature - heat temp at basking is 85 to 95 degrees. bottom of the cage is about 70. lowest night temp is about 60 degrees I have a cage thermometer
  • Humidity - ranging between 60 to 70
  • Plants -two live plants a golden euonymus and a shrub. also lots of fake plants
  • Placement - her cage is near a fan but it isn't facing her. the cage is 5 ft off the ground
  • Location - California

• You said..."Supplements - rep-cal Calcium with vitamin D once a week"...its recommended that you dust at almost every feeding with a phosphorous-free calcium powder, twice a month with a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder, twice a month with a vitamin powder.
  • You siad..."Watering - she has a in cage flowing fountain. cage is misted 2 to 3 times a day, i have never seen her drink water though"...I'm not a fan of fountains. They're hard to keep clean and can be breeding grounds for bacteria. You could set up a dripper though.
  • You said..."Lighting - self blasted mercury bulb turned on from 7 am to 6 pm"...no UVB light? For basking you can use a regular white incandescent household bulb. The long linear tube light reptisun5.0 is a good UVB light.
  • You said.."golden euonymus and a shrub."...what's the shrub? It's important that the plants are nontoxic and well washed both sides of the leaves.
She might be falling because she might be developing MBD because of a lack of proper calcium supplementing.
Can't say that it isn't possible she's injured herself depending on if she hit something when she fell or landed improperly.
Does she have an egglaying container in her cage? Shes sexually mature and might be producing eggs. I'm hoping if she is she didn't cause a problem by falling.

• You said..."Supplements - rep-cal Calcium with vitamin D once a week"...its recommended that you dust at almost every feeding with a phosphorous-free calcium powder, twice a month with a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder, twice a month with a vitamin powder.
  • You siad..."Watering - she has a in cage flowing fountain. cage is misted 2 to 3 times a day, i have never seen her drink water though"...I'm not a fan of fountains. They're hard to keep clean and can be breeding grounds for bacteria. You could set up a dripper though.
  • You said..."Lighting - self blasted mercury bulb turned on from 7 am to 6 pm"...no UVB light? For basking you can use a regular white incandescent household bulb. The long linear tube light reptisun5.0 is a good UVB light.
  • You said.."golden euonymus and a shrub."...what's the shrub? It's important that the plants are nontoxic and well washed both sides of the leaves.
She might be falling because she might be developing MBD because of a lack of proper calcium supplementing.
Can't say that it isn't possible she's injured herself depending on if she hit something when she fell or landed improperly.
Does she have an egglaying container in her cage? Shes sexually mature and might be producing eggs. I'm hoping if she is she didn't cause a problem by falling.
she just tried to go to the bathroom and blood came out and her dropping was longer than usual. I will dust her food more but i need to get her eating again. how would i know if she was laying eggs?

If there was blood then she's likely injured herself and needs to see a vet ASAP.

If you have an egg laying container in her cage she should show you by digging when shes ready to lay eggs.
She will also get fat, drink more, maybe stop eating, roam the cage looking for a place to lay the eggs.

If there was blood then she's likely injured herself and needs to see a vet ASAP.

If you have an egg laying container in her cage she should show you by digging when shes ready to lay eggs.
She will also get fat, drink more, maybe stop eating, roam the cage looking for a place to lay the eggs.
im going to take her tomorrow morning
thank you

Seems like she needs to lay eggs, her stomach seems pretty big considering she hasn't been eating lately. You can also try hand feeding her if its been that long since shes had a meal. =( hope she's gonna be okay

Seems like she needs to lay eggs, her stomach seems pretty big considering she hasn't been eating lately. You can also try hand feeding her if its been that long since shes had a meal. =( hope she's gonna be okay
thank you i really hope so too. she is just so weak right now and her color is a pale pastel like green. she wont even open her eyes :/

Also the mercury bulb supplies UVA and UVB

Blood in her stool, as in a blood clot? Sounds like a gastrointestinal injury, not good. Hopefully the vet can do something.

Back
Top Bottom