Help?!

Irishboy85

So our veiled has been great since we got her. We've had her over a year now and the past week or so she has been climbing the side of her screen cage up to the top corner where her heat bulb is. She keeps slipping and falling. Anyone know why she would be doing this??

Best thing to do is fill out the how to ask for help form that is under the health clinic. Copy and paste it here with your answers. Otherwise there is not much to go on to be able to offer much help. There can be many reasons for behavior but we need to be able to see the big picture. Pictures help too.

One thing I will ask, has she laid a clutch before and do you have a lay bin set up for her in her enclosure and available to her?

She has laid multiple clutch's and she usually hangs at the bottom of the cage when she's ready to lay....I did put her laying bin in just in case....we use repti calcium without d3 everyday on her food and use calcium with d3 once a month and a repti Vite once a month. Not sure what lights she has my husband got them. But her basking light is new

This is her cage...hard to get a pic of her she keeps hiding

Attachments

• 20170118_095308.jpg
    20170118_095308.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 110
Best photo of her I can get....temp at basking spot stays around 85

Attachments

• 20170118_095517_HDR.jpg
    20170118_095517_HDR.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 106
She has laid multiple clutch's and she usually hangs at the bottom of the cage when she's ready to lay....I did put her laying bin in just in case....we use repti calcium without d3 everyday on her food and use calcium with d3 once a month and a repti Vite once a month. Not sure what lights she has my husband got them. But her basking light is new
Age of the baskinglight doesn't matter, it's the UVB light that will degrade over time and will need to be replaced every 6 months to a year (Depending on the type and brand of the lamp).

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - female veiled a year and a half old
  • Handling - never
  • Feeding - she gets 10 medium crickets a day
  • Supplements - calcium without d3 everyday, calicum with d3 once a month, reptivite once a month
  • Watering - she has a dripper and we mist multiple times a day for 30 seconds or more
  • Fecal Description - small brown
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen cage
  • Lighting -
  • Temperature - 85 at basking, 70 middle low, use a digital thermo up top and a basic thermo/humidity in the middle
  • Humidity - around 70-80%
  • Plants - fake
  • Placement - is near high traffic...top of the cage is about 7ft high
  • Location - massachusetts

Current Problem - climbing on cage into the top corner near lights

Is the vine the only solid climbing surface she has other than the plants? I would add some horizontal branches at varying heights for her. She really needs more pathways and places to walk. You can attach them with thumbtacks from the outside of the screen.

Also, I would try and trade out some of her fake plats for real ones. Veilds like to eat plants and having real ones in there gives her the opportunity to munch plus it really helps with the humidity. Water drops stay on live longer than on the fake.

Definitely check the age of your UVB.

Also, add a 3-5 minute misting in there somewhere. You didn't say what her rates look like. A longer misting session will give her opportunity to clean out her eyes.

Last edited:
Also the plant is actually a 4ft tree so that provides her with lots of branches to walk on, is there any chance she's trying yo get closer to the lights because she is cold?

Back
Top Bottom