Help!

Yeah, though they definitely do need taller enclosures if you can get it because they are very arborial. The website I sent you Ejavina, should show you some great ideas for future enclosures for your little guy. There may be some people on there who can tell his gender right now too. I honestly don't think I could until he was a bit light in his legs and under his tail.

I honestly think if you did something open air like that, you'd need to attach a plastic shower curtain on three of the sides. Day geckos and such and recommended to be kept in tanks or combo screen and glass. However there is nothing wrong with open air enclosures as long as you maintain high humidity with them. They need less mistings than chameleons but have generally higher humidity requirements, though still need to dry out. It is recommended that their regular humidity for a general basis on day geckos stays at 65 to 70 percent and no lower, spiking sometimes to 80. This means very short mistings, just enough to get things wet. So that the moisture can maintain humidity and they can drink, but it doesn't stay stagnant. That's why it's usually recommended for them to go in live planted enclosures. However with rehabilitation cases, I never do that. Just so that the gecko is easy to observe and the droppings are easy to find. He should be fine in a ten gallon enclosure at least until he is healthier. Then a single individual should be fine in a 20-25 gallon enclosure.

Yeah, though they definitely do need taller enclosures if you can get it because they are very arborial. The website I sent you Ejavina, should show you some great ideas for future enclosures for your little guy. There may be some people on there who can tell his gender right now too. I honestly don't think I could until he was a bit light in his legs and under his tail.
As far as the misting do I need one of those thingies for his tank because they're kinda high especially for someone who is new to all this

Yea that's along the lines I was thinking evey one I have found have been in a up right glass enclosure with high humidity i would also worry about possible mold and or mildew as this enclosure is wooden
So it's not a good idea for me to use the one you were going to send?

From everything I've read about it I would say it will do better in wat u have just because of the humidity issue but if you still want I will see how much it would be to send it as I have no use for it any more

It's not a crested gecko trust me, you honestly shouldn't need anot automatic mister unless you are gone for prolonged periods. If that's what you were talking about. A hand pump mister, that you pump first and then hold the trigger down to spray should easily do the job.

It's not a crested gecko trust me, you honestly shouldn't need anot automatic mister unless you are gone for prolonged periods. If that's what you were talking about. A hand pump mister, that you pump first and then hold the trigger down to spray should easily do the job.
I read up on the Goldens and I'm with you.
He jumps up on his top and hangs when his lamp is on and the pics I saw he had the same feet. I'm not usually gone for very long couple hours at the most so I'll just make sure to mist real good before I leave.

From everything I've read about it I would say it will do better in wat u have just because of the humidity issue but if you still want I will see how much it would be to send it as I have no use for it any more
Yeah I think an aquarium is the better option, but thank you so much for offering it to me. I'm trying to find him a bigger aquarium so he'll have plenty of room to climb.

Back
Top Bottom